USA Garmin SD card?... help!

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Off to Florida on saturday... next week... and was wondering if the SD card on the link below is a plug and play jobby.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Garmin-City-N...temQQimsxZ20090918?IMSfp=TL090918191002r21524

What I mean is, once in Florida do I just pop the Garmin SD card in my Zumo and it will work ok? no registering on Garmin website and entering 1000 digit long security codes etc :rolleyes:

Because they want a fortune to hire sat nav over there so for £40 its a bargain in my view ( if it works :D)

Regards ... Jon :beerjug:

yes dude , plug in your sd card and go , no techno babble

If its not too late....

You can get one from Play.com for £23!

Just ordered one, got a question.

Hi,

I've ordered the SD card for N. America as descibed (Garmin City 010-10679-50) ready for a trip to US and then on to Canada, I popped it it my Garmin Nuvi 250 here in the UK and nothing registered - Can I assume that it will not find the correct Satellites until I load it in the unit when I get to the US?

I just wanted to check that the card worked.

Thanks for your help..Mike

after inserting the card it should take a few seconds and u get a new data found message or words to that effect. if you dont then the card might be duff or you need to activate the data.

is it a genuine card from garmin?

Thanks Tuned..

After fiddling around with the settings I came accross the mapping selection, it's all working now. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom