Akros

cherokee

Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone tell me if the 950 end cans are the same as the 990 adv want to hunt down some Akropovics for my 07 990adv.Some of the guys on the KTM forum think they are, and that the 990 doesnt need the remap so any thoughts on this one guys?.......:Motomartin

Hi guys can anyone tell me if the 950 end cans are the same as the 990 adv want to hunt down some Akropovics for my 07 990adv.Some of the guys on the KTM forum think they are, and that the 990 doesnt need the remap so any thoughts on this one guys?.......:Motomartin
yup they are the same:thumb2

End cans the same and yes a remap on the 990 :thumb2

It'll just run shite without the remap

also i know somebody who might be selling a set off his 990 do you want me to chase him:thumb2

remap turns the 990 into an alcoholic but its worth it for the sucka punch it delivers:D:D:D:D

chase me chase me

chase him up chad let me know what he wants for them thanks buddy,how bad does the mpg get guys with the pipes and the remap?.......

chase him up chad let me know what he wants for them thanks buddy,how bad does the mpg get guys with the pipes and the remap?.......

Who cares:cool:

Stick a 16 and 45 sprockets on to do more damage to the ozone layer:cool:

spank it and it goes down to about 130 to a tank:D:D:D but normal riding will see 150-160:thumb2

you could do like johnny and fit the big tanks:D loads of dosh though:eek

End cans the same and yes a remap on the 990 :thumb2

It'll just run shite without the remap

There are loads of guys who have stayed away from the remap - their bike runs fine.

The "akra map" tends to send fuel economy to the shitter - at least thats the anecdotal evidence on advrider.

you DO need to do the 15min idle trick

Whats the 15min idle thingy guys?

run the bike from cold for 15mins without touching the throttle bang on 15 mins shut it down ,, and the managment system does something:confused: not sure wot though:augie:D:D:D

some say it works some dont...but i think it did on mine so we will do it when we pop yours on:thumb2

As chad described.

Its basically a mechanism for the ECU to re-calibrate itself.

Its something you need to do if you have changed the exhaust or air intake. Its worthwhile doing if have done a major change in altitude too. But it has to be done from cold.

Update

Ok guys for those of you interested,just got my 990adv back from the dynojet tuners,had a Power commander 111 with a DNA filter fitted and custom maped.Rode it home,fantastic low speed running glitch free,midrange massive improvement well pleased with the results,tech said bike was fueling very weak so i guess valves will thank me for fitting it.Akros singing now and no worries of under or over fueling so i just need to get some more miles on the bike now.......I thank u........:cool:

Ok guys for those of you interested,just got my 990adv back from the dynojet tuners,had a Power commander 111 with a DNA filter fitted and custom maped.Rode it home,fantastic low speed running glitch free,midrange massive improvement well pleased with the results,tech said bike was fueling very weak so i guess valves will thank me for fitting it.Akros singing now and no worries of under or over fueling so i just need to get some more miles on the bike now.......I thank u........:cool:

Good to here that. :thumb2

Out of interest who did you use for this black magic and (if you don't mind) what sort of price did you pay? I presume the custom remap replaces the stock/ackro map etc?

Am due to go back to the stock map in a few days as I find the ackro map just to juicy. Dealer has advised to keep the ackro inserts in with the stock map.

Cheers :)

Hi Essex Performance centre in basildon did it for me,a guy i work with recomended them they did the same with his RC8.I fitted the akros but read so much bad stuff about the KTM akro map,high fuel consumption,shite running,that i went to see these guys,i had a long chat with them,they explained that the KTM map was a waste of time as it was a fit all solution which was'nt gonna solve the problem and while it may work on one 990 it would be crap on an other.I paid £350 for the power commander with them running it on the dyno and custom mapping it,i got a DNA performance filter through jim aims delivered to EP so they could fit and get optimal results.Took it out sunday did mixed roads motorway,town,country lanes and the bike was amazing slow speed glitch gone,mid range,and performance improved,and i did about 150miles till reserve light came on,which im happy with.Big lump of money but the bikes a keeper and this has made it just perfect for me,and i know its running bang on fueling wise now so no burnt valves or holed pistons to worry about while im hooning around the pyrenees this summer.if you want their number let me know.....

Thanks cherokee :thumb2

Have checked out their website and maybe an option for me in the future.

Will pick up a G2 throttle cam when the bike gets remapped on Thursday and will see how it goes from there.

cherokee

good luck with that and let me know how the throttle cam performs....:Motomartin

Just checking in with you sir. :D

Had the standard map reinstalled yesterday and all seems fine with no loss of 'urge' etc. The throttle cam makes a big difference have the 200/300 on at the mo. You also get a 100 (like standard) and a 400 in the kit. Throttle response is now smoother and much nicer between 3-4 rpm with no on/off jerkiness.

Bike is (almost) perfeck now. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom