Nuvi 770 Urgent help needed please.

luke scott

Reaction score
My sister is in the USA on a holiday. This is from her email.......

"This morning when I turned it back on I was presented with a white screen and one black dot, with instructions to touch the black dot, did this 3 times, the dot moved around screen and after the third time it said it was registering for the U.S. asked me to select US eastern time etc. Then it said it would take a few minutes to calerbrate so I clicked ok. It now says it cannot access maps! so we are minus our gps."

Any help here guys please ? I have the same gps but cant see a reset button. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Does this unit come with US mapping, is it a UK/Europe model? If not then that could be her problem :)

Thanks for that I have emailed her your instructions. :thumb

Tell her it could take a fair while to re-find where it is after the reset...It'll still be looking for the set of satellites it knew before.

Some units (I don't know about the Nuvi) need to be left outside with a good view of the sky for 30 mins plus to find out where they are:)

(on a lot, there's an option to tell the unit where it is so it can look for the satellites its programmed to know should be visible, but leaving it for enough time should do the job as well)

If that reset doesn't work, she can switch the unit on and, at the same time, press the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

If this is the first time the 770 has been used in the USA, she will have free traffic alerts for 3 months:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom