TT Radiator Hard Part

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
Had an evening of fitting some TT & BMW protection bling.

But am fooked if I can get the TT Radiator hard part to fit:

http://www.touratech.com/shops/008/...=7945&osCsid=530756afde83f7e614de7567f2b62a3a

Just cannot get the clamps to fit to the main hard part.

£95 frickin quid and it doesn't fit !

Any fitting tips? Tempted to send the fekker back as can't be arsed to fettle with it - is it really necessary?

Had an evening of fitting some TT & BMW protection bling.

But am fooked if I can get the TT Radiator hard part to fit:

http://www.touratech.com/shops/008/...=7945&osCsid=530756afde83f7e614de7567f2b62a3a

Just cannot get the clamps to fit to the main hard part.

£95 frickin quid and it doesn't fit !

Any fitting tips? Tempted to send the fekker back as can't be arsed to fettle with it - is it really necessary?

Clean off the powder coat where the 2 parts fit together and give a good few whacks to it :D

It is difficult to fit and probably not worth the effort.

Good luck:thumb2

Clean off the powder coat where the 2 parts fit together and give a good few whacks to it :D

It is difficult to fit and probably not worth the effort.

Good luck:thumb2

I think I'll quite whilst ahead and send it back. Pile of shite...:rob

I couldnt get it to fit. Spent half an hour with a variety of files filing down the weld, but eventually got there.

Havent needed it yet, but gives peace of mind knowing its there.

I got the right side to fit with a pair of vise grips on the brackets. I can't quite get the left side to fit as the header is in the way and I don't want to remove it to get it on. Regular vise grips won't fit in there, so I am going to get a pair of C-clamp vise grips to get it in, plus a 6mm hex key with round end to get it in there.

I really wish this fit better thought as I do need it and it will help. The TT radiator guard took the brunt of the damage on this one, no radiator damage at all. The guard was bent in many directions, but has been returned to its previous state with a bench vise and a hammer. :D

642588335_MByf2-L.jpg

642587458_48voV-L.jpg

Fitted mine a couple of days ago, and although fiddly went straight on without any filing or other adjustments - sounds like quality control? Return to TT for replacement.....

I would now take them off as BMW advised you will have no warranty if the bike over heats and there has been problems with there guards. The reason is there is not enough air flow with the TT guards.

I got it all mounted up, the large C-clamp vise grips made it happen. Next time I will just take the header off to get it on/off.

I am guessing that this will be if I ever buy the TT tank...

Fitted mine a couple of days ago, and although fiddly went straight on without any filing or other adjustments - sounds like quality control? Return to TT for replacement.....

Its not a Touratech quality control issue ... Its an italian welding quality control issue with the very messy welding on the bike. The weld on the bike gets in the way of easy fitting.

Sent mine back to Touratech

Same problems here fitting mine. I sent the thing back to Touratech.:(

Back
Top Bottom