Loading MP3s on the Zumo

coxy

Reaction score
Hi all,
can anyone help me with getting MP3s on to my Zumo. I've formatted an sd card to FAT32, set up a folder on it called 'MP3s' and inside that folder have 4 subfolders, each one for a different artist with their songs in them. The Zumo can't seem to see them though, any ideas why?
thanks.

Hi John,
I've copied them from my iTunes library so I presume they are?? Sounds like a silly question but how can I see if they are?

Hi John,
I've copied them from my iTunes library so I presume they are?? Sounds like a silly question but how can I see if they are?

if you bought them on itunes or ripped cds at itunes default settings, they will be in AAC format.

to check, scoot along to the right of the song title info in itunes, and you may have a column that tells you. depends if the preference check box is ticked.
or simply right click on a track and choose Info (possibly Properties in windows).

itunes will convert them.

IIRC the method is to right click on any desired track, and choose Convert to MP3.

first you have to change the default Import settings from AAC to MP3 in the advanced Preferences.

Thanks lads, all done. Heading to Spain Saturday morning so will have music to enjoy as well as the scenery.
Your help is much appreciated, thanks again, :guitarist
Coxy.

itunes will convert them.

IIRC the method is to right click on any desired track, and choose Convert to MP3.

first you have to change the default Import settings from AAC to MP3 in the advanced Preferences

Brilliant advice thanks, can protected aac tracks be converted ?

Brilliant advice thanks, can protected aac tracks be converted ?

i don't know. i don't think i've got any.

apple did give owners of old low bit rate DRM'd tracks the chance to "upgrade" to better quality non DRM versions when they switched policy. maybe that is still an option for you? costs a few pence a track.

Back
Top Bottom