Reprom ?

Hiya - I can't PM you as you are not a subscriber....

He he, you got a point there:blast

Iv'e got it from here...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yz17sf

If you know where to get the wiring diagram for the speedo, please give me a hint, i really need to know what wires conects to what, as iv'e canged the OEM speedo with a TT Rally computer.

For some weird reason the diagram isn't on the RepROM:confused:

He he, you got a point there:blast

Iv'e got it from here...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yz17sf

If you know where to get the wiring diagram for the speedo, please give me a hint, i really need to know what wires conects to what, as iv'e canged the OEM speedo with a TT Rally computer.

For some weird reason the diagram isn't on the RepROM:confused:

Many thanks for the RepRom. All download successfully. :clap

Erm - showing my ignorance here but what does it, or is it meant to do?

Its the online manual for the G650X. I believe that this is what BMW technicians use as their bible on how to do stuff on specific BMW bikes when they need to, err, do stuff. Like rebuild engines, change clutch cable etc.

BMW sell the reprom for all bikes.

But buggered if I'm going to buy it, as BMW are in the business of selling bikes not software, and have paid enough for the bike as it is.

I think BMW turn a blind eye to RepRom copying.

Download it and take a look. Its very useful. I have one for the R1200GS as well (and G450X not that you'd want that one).

Mike.

Has anyone copied a RepROM CD to an SD card? I tried using a 2Gb SD card, but ran out of space - shouldn't have because the CD is only 630 Mb.

Thanks

Has anyone copied a RepROM CD to an SD card? I tried using a 2Gb SD card, but ran out of space - shouldn't have because the CD is only 630 Mb.

Thanks

I have it copied to the shared area on my home desktop. I can then access it on my laptop in the workshop through a wireless connection. Comes out at under 300 mb file space (but 370 mb disc space) so in theory it should fit on your sd card.

The only thing I can think of is the FAT (file allocation table) that your sd card is running. This lists the locations of each individual file on the disc. Windows normally runs hard drives on FAT32 (unless you run ntfs) which is a 32 bit numbering system allowing approx 4.3 billion separate file locations on a disc. A few years ago windows used to run discs on a 16 bit numbering system which gave around 65,000 locations on a disc. A file may take up one or more locations depending on its size. The thing is, a small file will take up a whole file location, even if the size of the file is only a fraction of the size of the file location itself. Reprom contains thousands of very small files. Each page is stored as a separate file, probably every diagram as well, and a big database which points the front end that we see to the files behind which is also made up of loads of files. All of these files are very small but each one will take up a whole file location.

The only thing I could suggest, if you need to run it from an sd card would be to see if windows will allow you to format the card as fat32. I don't know if it will let you but it's worth a try. Just back up your card first as formatting will wipe everything on it.

Sorry if this was too techie.

rossi

Thanks for your reply - not too techie!

The formatting was the problem and now that I have formatted as FAT32 everything is OK. I now remember a similar issue from years a go - network analyser writing 40 byte files.

Again - thanks for your assistance.

Rob

Hmm, I must be having a senior moment here. I downloaded it the other day and the unzipped file is an ISO of 761mb. I didn't spot that at first, I just tried burning a CD from the image only to be informed from my freeware image burning software that it was a DVD image.

Have I downloaded the wrong file or is there a way of 'looking inside' the image?

Hmm, I must be having a senior moment here. I downloaded it the other day and the unzipped file is an ISO of 761mb. I didn't spot that at first, I just tried burning a CD from the image only to be informed from my freeware image burning software that it was a DVD image.

Have I downloaded the wrong file or is there a way of 'looking inside' the image?

Just burn it on a DVD as i did with a ISO buster freeware program...
No big deal and everything works :thumb2
Annyone got a wiring diagram yet???
Need it badly :(

When i try to download the reprom, its asking for a payment ? is this right or am i doing summat wrong ?

When i try to download the reprom, its asking for a payment ? is this right or am i doing summat wrong ?

Download the free version, thats just the mirror it's coming from.
The one that's $$$$, is faster than the other.....

Just burn it on a DVD as i did with a ISO buster freeware program...
No big deal and everything works :thumb2
(

Well if I had a DVD burner I would obviously have done that:blast

I was asking two questions really, one was was a DVD image the only file available as others had mentioned copying to 'CD', the second, is there a way to extract the files to hard disk with out having to burn?

Having done a quick google there appear to be a number of freeware utilities that will open ISO files to allow access to the files within. Also came across something that would mount the ISO image just like a CD/DVD too.

Well I blundered through it and the only way I got it to work was to put the file (image) on a DVD

Hi..... thank you for the reprom file.

I have downloaded it successfully.... have then copied it to a DVD using Toast 10. I have a mac which should not make a difference should it?

On the DVD i simply have the iso file repeated.... If I click on it from the DVD it mounts the image as if it were a drive.

If I click on the PDF files they then come up.... but I am not getting the full manual and all the data as you would normally get in a book type format.

What am I dong wrong??

Can anyone help me please ??

Stuart

Back
Top Bottom