in the nicest possible way, of course :D

Thanks for that - I'm currently downloading the update.......:thumb2

I opted for a postal version. The web page said it could take
several hours to download it.:nenau

They charged me £5.75 . Should have it within 4/6 weeks:pullface

PAt:type

I opted for a postal version. The web page said it could take
several hours to download it.:nenau

IIRC, it's 3.64 Gb. It took me about 50 mins to download but a long time to extract and install. The whole thing probably took about 5 hours.

The good news is that this latest version of City Navigator includes mapping of the new Kincardine Bridge and its approach roads. :)

Try as I like I can't get the Communicator plug in to work. MyGarmin simply won't see it in my PC at all - very frustrating as I've paid for the lifetime maps and can't download the buggers - any suggestions gratefully received.

Chas,

I have downloaded Garmin Communicator plug in and have had no trouble with it.
I used it to download some "extra vehicles" but didn't like them.:nenau

If I remember correctly there is a test page to verify if the plug in is installed.
I don't get it listed on my programmes list tho, but never had any trouble connecting to net with it.:clap

HTH.
Pat :type.

There are a number of other vehicles, created by users, available free for download from the net. I've currently got the latest Batmobile as an icon on one of my GPS units and several others saved in there as well.

Chas,

I have downloaded Garmin Communicator plug in and have had no trouble with it.

If I remember correctly there is a test page to verify if the plug in is installed.
I don't get it listed on my programmes list tho, but never had any trouble connecting to net with it.:clap

HTH.
Pat :type.

The test page comes up after download but simply says that the page is unable to communicate with my device. I have repeatedly downloaded and run the plug in and even updated the drivers but still get the same message.

I spoke to Garmin yesterday (from work) and they suggested that I clear the internet history and cookies, switch off all virus protection and firewalls and even try a different browser such as Firefox. I didn't get time to try all that last night so cannot comment whether it works or not.

Chas ,

Silly question this, ,,,but was you device still connected to computer at time when it couldn't find device.?:blast Course it was,, that would be silly now wouldn't it.:pullface

PAt :type

Spent 7hrs downloading the update last night, a hour extracting it tonight.

Result is update is on my laptop but has cleared all mapping off my 278 apart from base map....saying a memory card is not detected so car,nt proceed to upload maps ?

278 had 2010.10 loaded ok before this...?

Wot have i done wrong then ?

Switched to Firefox and the plug in was detected immediately.

Downloaded the file overnight (5 hours worth) and tried to extract this morning when it came up with a corrupted file message. Looks like I will be trying the download again tonight ....:(

Chas.

This any help to you. Taken from Garmin "help" page.:pullface

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/uk/support/searchsupport?search_key=

Question: How can I confirm that the Garmin Communicator Plug-in is installed on my Mac?

Answer:

In Safari…..

Go to the Help Menu and from the pull down menu select Installed Plug-ins.
Here it will list all of the installed plug-ins and the version.

In FireFox….

Go to the address bar and type in about:plugins hit enter
This will bring up a list of all installed plug-ins and there version.

In MacOSX...

Open a Finder window and navigate to Library/Internet Plug Ins
This is the location of the plug ins files, you may click to highlight on a file to show more information about the file such as version.

Last modified on: 03/03/2009

Did this information answer your question?

Yes - this fully addressed my question
No/partially - I will continue searching
No - I would like to submit a follow-up email

No - I would like to suggest changes or additions
Enter Your Suggestion

Suggest a new solution
Change this solution

Pat:type

Last edited:
Took me 11 hours to download and extract :blast.......all working fine though! :thumb .......happy days

Took me about the same time. Not sure why it takes so long I have a 2.6MP/sec connection:nenau It only seems to transfer the data at about 100kps:eek:

Dave

Back
Top Bottom