Ferries mainland Greece to mainland Turkey?

Rod2240

Reaction score
Is there a ferry from mainland Greece (say Piraeus or even Thessalonika, Kavala) to mainland Turkey (Cesme, Bodrum, Kusadasi)? All I can find so far is ferries from Pireaus-the islands or Turkey-the islands.
I'm sure there must be but my attempts to track it down have failed so far.
Anyone help?

Thanks

Rod

Is there a ferry from mainland Greece (say Piraeus or even Thessalonika, Kavala) to mainland Turkey (Cesme, Bodrum, Kusadasi)? All I can find so far is ferries from Pireaus-the islands or Turkey-the islands.
I'm sure there must be but my attempts to track it down have failed so far.
Anyone help?

Thanks

Rod

No there isnt directly Gr Turkey. still u can sail for a Gr island (ex Mitilini-Lesvos) and then using small ferry for Tr (4 or 5mil). 1/2 hr away and very often

You are probably better off riding to the TR border from Thessalonika, then hoofing it dolwn the west coast. It's doable in a long day.

Thanks for reply. Is the Greek west coast not that interesting?
I am thinking of trying something like Piraeus/Chios and then Chios/Cesme.
There's something about ferries and arriving in a foreign country by boat. It must be standing on deck watching the shore coming into view with the wind in your hair etc etc.............. I even get excited on the Newhaven/Dieppe ferry which is a bit sad..

Rod

Thanks for reply. Is the Greek west coast not that interesting?
I am thinking of trying something like Piraeus/Chios and then Chios/Cesme.
There's something about ferries and arriving in a foreign country by boat. It must be standing on deck watching the shore coming into view with the wind in your hair etc etc.............. I even get excited on the Newhaven/Dieppe ferry which is a bit sad..

Rod

there are many interesting plcs also in gr w coast.depends on what u want to see.
2077510334-548663109_315bd20d46.jpg

and
typical-zagorian-house-papingo.jpg

for ex.
mesta-square.jpg

chios.
http://www.ferries.gr/hsw/chios-lesvos-ferries.htm
information about ferries.
u re going on bike and what season?

Northern Greece is beautiful, but hey, I'm biased... I would visit Thessaloniki, then ride NE to the TR border, continuing South from there.

Don't do it in the summer... It gets very hot, and it ain't dry heat either...

Geia sou Mpamph!

Northern Greece is beautiful, but hey, I'm biased... I would visit Thessaloniki, then ride NE to the TR border, continuing South from there.

Don't do it in the summer... It gets very hot, and it ain't dry heat either...

Geia sou Mpamph!
geia sou friend. ellinas?

Back
Top Bottom