Tourance EXP 's for my 1150GS..

Goughie

Reaction score
Just forked out for a set of Tourance EXP's. Has anyone else been as rash? I couldn't hack the knobblies any more. I will post my progress with the new boots.

Got a Tourance EXP on mine as I couldn't get hold of any originals.

Done 2000 ish miles on it and love it. No chicken strips on this tyre as its very grippy and really nice to lean the bike over in on the corners (sometimes a little too far).

No ideas about milesage yet but its a nice tyre.

Was looking at those but a big thread on advrider suggests they don't last anywhere near as long as the originals and don't offer much additional grip. There were enough comments on this happening that I've decided I'll stick with the originals. Going to get a new front fitted this week.

(found it)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11251636#post11251636

J.

Got a Tourance EXP on mine as I couldn't get hold of any originals. No chicken strips on this tyre as its very grippy and really nice to lean the bike over in on the corners (sometimes a little too far).

I don't think the chicken strips show much unless compared on a single bike v another bike with the same tyre. The Bridgestone tyres on my 650 twin lost the chicken strips after about 200 miles and no real angle of lean so I suspect that the flatness of the tyre has something to do with it. To support my theory, if you have a flat tyre, like a cars then after 1 mile there's no chicken strip. How many people who ride on the road have ever got rid of the strip on a front tyre and they seem to be even more profiled than the rear.

Might all be complete bowlocks though :(

My EXPs lasted 6k mls(on an Adv) recently changed the pair for original tourances - lets see how many miles we can get out of these.;)

originals lasted on average 12K, on my 1150, back ones that is.
chicken strips. hmm. probably vary depending on suspension set up, weight of rider? what do you all think?

I don't think the chicken strips show much unless compared on a single bike v another bike with the same tyre. The Bridgestone tyres on my 650 twin lost the chicken strips after about 200 miles and no real angle of lean so I suspect that the flatness of the tyre has something to do with it. To support my theory, if you have a flat tyre, like a cars then after 1 mile there's no chicken strip. How many people who ride on the road have ever got rid of the strip on a front tyre and they seem to be even more profiled than the rear.

Might all be complete bowlocks though :(

Well I think there is more grip on these. There is no way I'd throw the bike into corners with the originals on like I do on these - I feel safe the lean the bike over far, far more.

The amount of time I've had the originals feel squirmy under braking or in the corner was quite high (ok they were 3 years old when I changed them - previous owner did no mileage) but the new EXPs are far grippier (all imho).

Thanks boys, I suspect its all down to personal prefs, Saw on the ADV site that one guy runs his EXPs at the max pressure of 42 front and rear !! Gets loads more miles as a result. I'm going to take a spin today with the max pressures to see what the bike feels like.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom