Vee Rubber Tyres

pinkytiff

Reaction score
They are good grippy tyres, but the trade off as always is wear. They won't last you long. I tend to stick em on when cash is tight but it's false economy really as they don't last too long. Get yourself some Michelin AC10s mate, or Mitas CO2 rear and EF6 front.

Mitas C02.
Just took one off with 8mm of tread remaining having done 2300 miles of trails and road. It will go back on for next summer to finish it off.
I put a new C02 on also. Front is a C19.
Both are totally road legal.
Gaz of this parish is running the same on his XC.

Timpo.

Mitas CO2

Cheers for the quick response guys - I'm trying to source 140/80/18 CO2 - do you have an online supplier cos I'm struggling to find one?

Ta very much;-)

Try giving Lez @ Universal Tyres a call on 01582-600788

They can normally source most tyres.

I ran a C02 on the Airhead - tough and gave grip that suited the way the airhead put down it's power. Not sure I'd like one on the road over the MT21's which on my XC are also great for the tarmac.

I ran a C02 on the Airhead - tough and gave grip that suited the way the airhead put down it's power. Not sure I'd like one on the road over the MT21's which on my XC are also great for the tarmac.

I agree the MT21s are great on the road, but it doesn't seem to have lasted 2 minutes so since most of the miles are probably a fairly even on/off road split I thought I'd try something else...........

So, got a Mitas CO2 fitted today, although I ordered a 140/80 18 what arrived was a 130/90! But fitted it anyway, lets see;-)

Who did you order them off ?

A local offroad outfit called Elderfields in Farnham got them in for me. He placated me a bit by explaining there are 2 methods of measuring the width....either the width of the tyre at the widest point of the tread or the width of the rim. Then re the 90 instead of 80, the increased radius gives a similar effect to having a larger wheel, & down here that means it helps the mud fly off!!

IIRC he said he got them from the North East somewhere....?

Back
Top Bottom