Speed Cams

keeny

Ok this may be another stupid question , but does the speed cam warnings also show a bitmap of whatever cam........ at the piont it is on the rout as well as the banner, if so does this work in simulation mode ?.
The reason i ask is, i've downloaded the pocket gps world database for garmin and used the poi loader, but it does'nt show any actual speed cams on route even tho the bitmaps were in the downloaded database.
Cheers Chris..

Speed cameras

On my BMW Nav III which uses NT maps I have loaded Pocketgps cameras POi and the show up on the road, traffic lights and mobiles - with different drawings.

They don't appear on Mapsource on your computer though.

Mike

i tried a few routes and in one of them all of a sudden up pops a bitmap pic of the cam on the road aswell as the warning banner......so it can do it when it feels like it.

2 points to herlp you out:

1) The POI Icon's only show at the higher zoom levels. 200 feet, or whatever the imperial scale uses.
2) Garmin introduced a bug in the last update, 3.30, where POI's other than the pre-loaded ones in the maps data, don't show. To get them showing you need to load the icon in MS Paint and re-save it as a 16bit image.

Ok cheers mate that done it when changed to 16 bit image.

Cheers Chris.

Back
Top Bottom