SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

kirky1298

Reaction score
Im planning a charity run from JOG to land's end next year .
The plan so far.... is for 50 firefighters from strathclyde fire and rescue to ride from JOG to land's end on Honda C90's , we will be raising money for the British Legion in order to support our troops . the deal is that we have to purchase a c90 with our own money (max £200 ) pimp it up ,( i'm going for the OCC look ) and ride it end to end with no support ,whilst wearing fancy dress what we take is what we have . the plan is that we will wild camp en-route and all money collected will go to the British legion . ( i suggested this at the mess table in our firehouse last week and the response was astounding when i mentioned the British legion ) the plan is in it's early stages , but we hope to do it in May next year , although this plan was hatched in the fire station it's an open invite trip BTW, if you'd like to support our troops then feel free to come along C'MON WHOS UP FOR IT ?? this plan is only 1 week old and i have 10 firefighters signed up already . picture the scene , 50 - or more c90's causing traffic chaos , and if everyone collected , say £500 in sponsorship . = £25,000 for our boys and girls ... now i recon through advertisement on local radio and through this wonderfull site we could double the number of riders , and if 50 % of the members on here took a sponsor sheet , well , i'll let you do the maths .. so , i guess what i'm saying is , who's up for it ?and who would support this and take a sponsor sheet ?? this will be my first major charity event and i think if it had the support of the people on this site we could make this work .. don't forget it would be for a fantastic cause.it would all be totally legit , and above board , with british legion sponsor sheets , so that we could claim gift aid

opinions or suggestions please ???? good idea ?? bad idea ???

MODS , FOR SOME REASON I COULDNT GET THIS IN THE CHARITY SECTION , FEEL FREE TO MOVE IT , :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

It sounds like a good idea, though similar to another one I have read about on this board somewhere ? You know that C90 prices will go through the roof :eek:.
I am going to look for some :thumb2

Stewart

A Couple of other suggestion that have been made were " wrong way round " now i know the extreme trifle guys used this name , but the suggestion is that we travel round the coast of scotland rather than down to land's end , probably around 1000 mls at a rough guess ,the other idea was to travel to the Menin gate where local firefighters have played the last post every evening since 1918 every year apart from the occupied years of the 2nd WW but i'm open to suggestions ........ c'mon , what do u think .... suggestions are much appreciated BTW ..... good idea .... bad idea ... your opinions please :thumb2:thumb2

It sounds like a good idea, though similar to another one I have read about on this board somewhere ? You know that C90 prices will go through the roof :eek:.

Stewart

the prices are through the roof right now stewart , but we have other options , if it becomes too expensive then we could just do it on our bikes , however i would like to think that this would be a last resort :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2 theres always the yam t80 city bike ... it is a shafty u know lol

we're doing the JOG to land's end why not combine the events ours is simple

any old ped 100cc or less any 125cc over 20 years old any bike as a tag along.

Enter and finished get a medal, cheapest shit bike wins, No prep, no nothing live off the land chip shops, take aways and off-licenses

I'll be updateing our thread shortly been busy with a couple of other nightmares I got into while bored. I've got transport lined up to get the bikes up to JOG in a 40 footer if need be... I've got a campsite lined up and the landlord at the local thinks I'm mental. The rest well that's gonna be history we're going to be writing in 2010...

the extreme trifle boys if they ever come back safe from russia said they'd come along....

plus I'm going to bring my camera kit to film it all and probably get arrested for causing havoc...

PS it's all a secret.... oh and I've posted it on three other forums so we should be ok I'm aiming for 100 C90 type bike with a la Mons Start.... It's ****kin Genius....

drop me a PM...:thumb2

Stewart

we could always combine the two events then and cause mega traffic chaos lol :D:D:D:D

i watch sky news every day with a heavy heart .. it's just too much to take ... plus my best mate is ex sterling lines and is well and truly fecked up ... 1000 yrd stare and shaking uncontrolably , too long in war zones me thinks ..... i'm sorry , but i just feel like i have to do something ... and i dont know what else i can do . c'mon , we can do this !!!!

:D:D Oh no, my slimy mind may have remembered the whereabouts of a couple of sports mopeds :eek:

Stewart

well I was aiming for chaos really....:augie it mmakes better films...

there's reasons for that we caused a 10 mile traffic jam this year when we did the trail run.... with just 3 C90's with 100 C90's I could rule the world.....:D

i am 100% confident that i can get coverage on real radio and within the fire service magazine , plus coverage on this site would be fantastic , if we done this trip right it could be a cracker !!! with lots of cash raised for whatever charity we decide on !!!

I'm a simple character I just want to film the chaos... it was bad enough with the 3 C90's I'll dig up my ride report, and when I get a moment we'll cut the footage together but I've been busy trying to make a dishonest living.

It was mental... and funny...:augie

I think thread was called I might need a couple of C90's I'll have a look....:thumb2

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167710&highlight=couple+C90's

here you go it's a beautiful thread of chaos....

I'm a simple character I just want to film the chaos... it was bad enough with the 3 C90's I'll dig up my ride report, and when I get a moment we'll cut the footage together but I've been busy trying to make a dishonest living.

It was mental... and funny...:augie

I think thread was called I might need a couple of C90's I'll have a look....:thumb2

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167710&highlight=couple+C90's

here you go it's a beautiful thread of chaos....

why don't we just feckin get it on then and support our troops in the process , in light of recent posts on this site , i think it's the least we could do !!! :thumb2:thumb2 u say 100 riders ?? i recon closer to 200 .... how does that sound mucker ??? lol :D:D:D

wrongwaylogo.gif

quote / punchline required please :augie:augie:augie

MODS , FOR SOME REASON I COULDNT GET THIS IN THE CHARITY SECTION , FEEL FREE TO MOVE IT , :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

I'm wondering whether the Charity or Open Invite section would be the most appropriate at this stage Kirky. Maybe the Open Invite section initially then move it into the Charity section?

Moving the thread into either isn't a problem at all, but what do you think?

I'm wondering whether the Charity or Open Invite section would be the most appropriate at this stage Kirky. Maybe the Open Invite section initially then move it into the Charity section?

Moving the thread into either isn't a problem at all, but what do you think?

prob open invite aidan ,,, cheers mucker , and will we b seeing u there ???:augie:augie

OK , I HAVE CONTACTED THE ROYAL BRITISH LEGION TO SEE IF THEY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN OUR VENTURE , now this is not set in stone remember .... i just thought it would be a good charity , but i'm open to suggestions ....:thumb2:thumb2

Just a quick question, but what happens if the firefighters are on strike again when you do the ride???

;)

Back
Top Bottom