exhaustions

L

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear John

Now I've found a safer place to park the Turkish bike in the garage, its exhaust is pointing directly at a wall, and recently I noticed a black spray over that very spot - looks like something CSI would have a fit over.

Having never parked backed into a wall before, I have no idea if this is normal or an ominous indication. i.e. WTF is it? Please help.

Yours sincerely

L

My top offer is £50 and I will take the troublesome beast off your hands :thumb2
or it could be normal :D

Stewart

exhaust

Mmmm. Tricky one that.
Sounds like somewhere inside your engine gasses are being burnt for some reason. It's probably at a really high temperature and the residue from this burning has managed to escape through the hole at the end of your "exhaust"

Better get it down to Steptoe pronto. Or paint you garage wall black!

Cold oilheads inject mucho fuel when cold

Hence fast iidle lever rather than choke

just paint the wall and move away from it beofre starting

It's just over rich when cold

Cold oilheads inject mucho fuel when cold

Hence fast iidle lever rather than choke

just paint the wall and move away from it beofre starting

It's just over rich when cold

does this apply if the bike has a CO2 potentiometer instead of a lambda probe?

As mentioned in post 3 - Paint the garage wall black. Problem solved.

Thanks for the usual collection of information and p!ss taking. I love this forum! :)

why are you running the bikes engine in the garage?

it'll all end in tears you know. :rob tears AND paranoia are a painful heady mix.

Point bike other way before running in garage. "They all do that, sir" inc bikes, cars, trucks, tanks, ships etc even though its tricky to get the ship close up to the wall to prove it.:D

Summat to do with Carbon...

Why do people paint garage walls white? When all we do is crap them up... I bet there a few with the GS bit paint silhouette:D

Back
Top Bottom