Essex off-road Experience. October

Richard Jakobek

After posting a question on the E-group it appears we may have enough members to get a GS only day at the Essex Off-road Experience. This is a venue just north of Ongar in west Essex.
The site consists of a load of mostly flat ground but with some dips and bumps and a couple of rivers crossings ( optional ).
We only need about a dozen people and the cost will be £20 per person. That's if you use your own bike. Rental bikes will be available but they won't be Beemers.
I'm hoping to set a date for a Saturday or Sunday in October.
Please let me know here if you're interested so that I can fix it up.

Yes

Richard

Yes I am very interested.

Is this the one by the chap who owns the shop in Loughton that you told me about ?

Also happy to help you in the organisation if you need any.

I can't make the week end of 19th/20th October.

Dave

Yes please. Ideal dates for me would be 5th or 6th October, the diary's a bit busy after then....

MikeO:)

Yep - might have to be the DT if it is raining though, 'cause I have just put new Tourances on the GS for commuting.

rental costs?

Hi Richard,
any idea how much the rental bikes are,and what they are? Andy.

rental costs?

Hi Richard,
any idea how much the rental bikes are,and what they are? Andy.

Rental Costs

I poped in to Voyager m.cycles on the way home this evening and had a chat with Bob.

I have picked up a brochure which I can scan later.

But briefly :

There are a number of options they can either

do a special day for the GS club (thats what Richard is talking about),

or you can do a novice day, this is a whole day affair including training in the morning then being let loose on your own in the afternoon with help if needed. It includes Honda XR250 or XR400 hire all for #95.00. You can also take your GS round for free (and the amusement of Bob I'm sure)

There are also special training days with ex british enduro champ Chris Koch at extra cost.

Dave

Can't do early October but I'd be interested later in the month. I like the idea of using their bikes first though !

Hi All,
Looks like the Bandit has answered the questions regarding hire bikes. David H may be interested in one of those too if the weather looks threatening. Only problem now is the date. Looks like there's no one day in October that suits everybody, so I'll talk to Bob at Voyager racing to see what he can do for us.
btw: his number is 020 8502 0800 .

Back soon.

Big Nige,
PLEASE bring your Harley. I would love to see it going over the jumps.
Seriously there should be terrain that is suitable of all skill levels.

Well if you do I will

Well If Nige is bringing his Harley shalll I bring my Nitrous Bandit ?

Dave

:D

The bloomin' thing has the ground clearance of a slug with short legs.

:D

Cool about the terrain thingy.
Just need a date so's I can organise some Twinduros.

Not the 11/12/13 would suit but if its to be then c'est la vie.

Smart.

:)

Yes indeed. Good question.
October is nearly here and I don't have a firm date. Domestic problems prevented me from contacting Bob at the w/e but I will talk to him tomorrow ( Tuesday ) to see what dates he can offer us.
Promise.

Dear all,
I spoke with the organisers at Essex Off-Road today and this is the deal.
We can have Saturday 5th October as a GSClub only day.
We need to have at least 10 riders and the cost will be £25 for the whole day if you use your own bike. Honda XR250s/400s can be available for approx £95 for the day if you prefer not to risk your bike. Food can be made available if you let me know beforehand.
Please confirm here if you're interested as we need to know if we have enough takers.

Thanks. Richard.

Back
Top Bottom