My Uly on the coast!

Lars1974

Reaction score
hi guys,

as I am being currently out of a job i thought with the nice sunshine today lets take one of my steeds for a ride out...
so i went to Lee on Solent...lovely down there...

IMG_0131.jpg

its was a great day out...
now lets get back to looking for a new job...

Lars

I've got a few bits from my old Uly if anyone is interested, brand new, latest spec. '09 drive belt, professionally custom painted set of plastics, zero gravity touring screen, genuine workshop manual for an '06 Uly.............

And here is a pic of probably the best bike I ever owned in 40 years of motorcycling!

Attachments

• with screen.jpg
    with screen.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 144
I've got a few bits from my old Uly if anyone is interested, brand new, latest spec. '09 drive belt, professionally custom painted set of plastics, zero gravity touring screen, genuine workshop manual for an '06 Uly.............

And here is a pic of probably the best bike I ever owned in 40 years of motorcycling!

Pm'd you

FP.

ully power

:nenauSo do you only need one front disc as they only need one due to engine braking or just slow???? so dont need full brakes ???????
Whats fuel tank size and whatll it do to a tank ??
Nay good off road with exaust that low 4 sure,but its noy a true competion to a gs1200, but maybe good for the grunt ay:blagblah:thumb2

Ulysses!

:nenauSo do you only need one front disc as they only need one due to engine braking or just slow???? so dont need full brakes ???????
Nay good off road with exaust that low 4 sure,but its noy a true competion to a gs1200, but maybe good for the grunt ay:blagblah:thumb2

Huge front disc= plenty of braking.

180mile tank range, 17 litre tank, 50mpg approx.

The standard exhaust works the same as a bashplate and you jack the bike up using the exhaust aswell.:cool:

It's not the same as a GS and the Uly used to cost just over £8k new which is a lot cheaper than any 1200GS but now they are now a collectors item.:D

Plenty ride the Uly 'offroad' but it's better on rough surfaced or gravel roads. What it does do is handle pretty well and the 100bhp Harley engine has loads of grunt and character but it's not to everyones taste as it does vibrate a fair bit at tickover.

The extras on the bike such as very hot heated grips and a very good set of Hepco Becker panniers and topbox do make the bike a good tourer. The pillion comfort on the tall seat is very good aswell!

I like my Uly because its a bit different and only 6000 were ever made so there aren't that many about.

It's a bit of a Marmite bike really and I quite like Marmite.....!

FP.

FP answered pretty much all your question...
i would just point you to my website for off-road capability....see here:
http://bmwrideruk.webs.com/buelladventureweekend.htm

this should should answer everything!
Dare to be different!:comfort
Lars

Huge front disc= plenty of braking.

180mile tank range, 17 litre tank, 50mpg approx.

The standard exhaust works the same as a bashplate and you jack the bike up using the exhaust aswell.:cool:

It's not the same as a GS and the Uly used to cost just over £8k new which is a lot cheaper than any 1200GS but now they are now a collectors item.:D

Plenty ride the Uly 'offroad' but it's better on rough surfaced or gravel roads. What it does do is handle pretty well and the 100bhp Harley engine has loads of grunt and character but it's not to everyones taste as it does vibrate a fair bit at tickover.

The extras on the bike such as very hot heated grips and a very good set of Hepco Becker panniers and topbox do make the bike a good tourer. The pillion comfort on the tall seat is very good aswell!

I like my Uly because its a bit different and only 6000 were ever made so there aren't that many about.

It's a bit of a Marmite bike really and I quite like Marmite.....!

FP.

Well said!!! Apart from one thing........... Who the hell rides an Uly at tickover!!! :beerjug:

I am seriously thinking of buying another Uly as I type this, there are bargains to be had at HD dealers all over the country!!!

you better be quick as they most dealers down here are selling out fast!
once they are gone - there will be no more!

my Uly is a definate keeper! (mind you so is the R75/6 and R1100S etc...):augie

Back
Top Bottom