best seat for fatboy

frank1200

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi i have a 1988 1340cc fatboy and every so often i forget its a harley and think its a bmw,this causes me to spend most of the day in the saddle doing a fair few miles.
while i can stand up on the pegs of the gs on the fatboy with forward controls i cannot seem to manage this.
so to cut to the chase is there a more comfortable seat than the la pera i have fitted or what options is there for a more comfortable rear.
i would consider getting my seat done with gel inserts or something if anyone can recommend someone good who sould do this
thanks
frank

Last edited:
If you want to ride a Harley any distance ditch the softail. Even if you get a decent seat the riding position and suspension are going to kill you eventually.

Softails are for trying to look :cool: on. ( :ymca )

Glides are for miles :rob

Dynas for actually riding :moped:

I agreee with Mr Mutley to a certain degree. I've had 2 Dynas,a Springer Softail,a Sporty and a 'Glide. Progressive Suspension shockers are the biggest improvement you could make to your FatBoy. Big mileage,no problem.
As far as your original question is concerned,H-D's Sundowner is good but not cheap and Saddlemen do some good seats with gel inserts. Avoid Corbin,and yes,LePera's are crap. :)
Cheers.tf

you have a le pera? that is more of a plank for looking good than a seat. plenty of stock fatboy seats on flea bay. while i have a glide and am comfortable on its sundowner i have just chopped in a dyna for a new fatboy special and have found its low seat comfortable so far. my bro in law has a softail in the us and rides 500 mile days with no problem. each to their own.:rob

Airhawk.......brilliant pice of kit.

I have done 475 miles in a day on my 883R and 190 miles without stopping.

Back
Top Bottom