DAKAR: End of the Big Twins!!

Corsican Dave

well, here's a shocker... the regs for next year's Dakar have just been published. that's right: ALL twins over 450cc are now prohibited!!!

quite aside from the "fin de siecle" feeling, what are the possible implications for continued production of big twins...?

remember, you read it here first. check it out for yourselves on www.dakar.com

d:gringo

Are they still allowed in the Dakar-Kinlochlieven rally?

Funny that.... Just happens to be 450cc twins. KTM have recently built a 450 twin engine for a trail bike. Just goes to show it's no longer the Dakar for everyone, just a showcase for KTM.:rolleyes:

I think its a good idea, there is no point taking a big hefty bike racing in those conditions. We will probably see that they will quickly be faster on all but the fastest sections than the heavier bikes anyhow.

For me big twins are RTW bikes not racing desert bikes. I'd rather do that on a modified single.. But of course its only my opinion...

i think it's a crap idea. whatever happened to the original dakar concept of "anything goes"? you'll also note that trucks are limited to 150kph....

won't be long before it's just another round of wrc or isde.

as for big bikes only for rtw; i'm sure kinegadner and rahier might have something to say!

d:gringo

Henry Mawson said:
Erm HELLO!!!!!!!! You should be able to race what you want.
End of !
HENRY
You can do but only in the Paddy Dakar which is a race that takes place every year in Ireland. I believe its one big Session......:) My mate entered on his R100GS a few years back and was racing along side a Golwing ridden by an Alchoholic!!!
Sounds fun

AndyT:cool:

if your really mad you could do the=

plymouth dakar/banjull challenge
no support no money no sense

gotta be good proper rallying not this nambypamby shiny new machine racing...:D

Back
Top Bottom