Eastern Block rideout reports and piccies

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
In so many ways the final destination ...

Attachments

• img_1080a.jpg
    img_1080a.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,136
Sends a shiver down the spine everytime I see that view. Must be on of the few views in the world that never needs a caption to tell you what it is.

Bit Spooky.........seeing a BWM outside that place considering the Historical Connections................:(

I agree with you there your Lordship, visited Dachau (similar institution) a couple of times..........a Sad Place for sure...........

CC

:cool:

Re: Where is it

Dave Lowerson said:
Give us a clue, where is it???
Cheers Dave

Dave, if you sincerely do not know then I'm pleased to be able to enlighten you. It is the entrance gateway to Auschwitz extermination camp built by Hitler as part of his final solution. It was built for the sole purpose of committing mass murder of Jews - women, children, men, young and old. It was a purpose built factory for killing and cremation. I suggest you do a search on the net to find out more about the horror that went on there.

On the other hand if you already knew and you were trying to be ironically humerous then personally I don't think a place such as Auschwitz is an appropriate subject for misplaced jokes.

Re: Re: Where is it

Lord Snooty said:
Dave, if you sincerely do not know then I'm pleased to be able to enlighten you. It is the entrance gateway to Auschwitz extermination camp built by Hitler as part of his final solution. It was built for the sole purpose of committing mass murder of Jews - women, children, men, young and old. It was a purpose built factory for killing and cremation. I suggest you do a search on the net to find out more about the horror that went on there.

On the other hand if you already knew and you were trying to be ironically humerous then personally I don't think a place such as Auschwitz is an appropriate subject for misplaced jokes.

Here here! I know i've posted the odd controversial thread but i most certainly wouldn't try to be humerous about this place.:(

Re: Re: Re: Where is it

Madmountainman said:
.... I most certainly wouldn't try to be humerous about this place.:(

Quite rightly so!

But we also visited a few other places .... Colditz Castle for example ...

:D

Attachments

• img_1104a.jpg
    img_1104a.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 856
Auswitch

Lord Snooty, I can honestly say I did not recognise the picture.I have never seen that view of the place before.
Obviosly i would not place a "cheap" remark like I did had I known.
Hope no one was offended, but I really did not know where it was.
Cheers Dave

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is it

Greg Masters said:
Quite rightly so!

But we also visited a few other places .... Colditz Castle for example ...

:D

and drank a little vodka too:beer: :beer: :D :D :D

So much so the final destination - but the devil was in the detail. The sheer size of the camp behind that building beggared belief. If you went to the top floor it stretched a km or so to the left and km to the right. And in front - the other side - lay a km or so to the gas chambers and crematorium.

I paced it out - the passengers on the train disembarked and had a 20 min walk to the changing rooms where they took their clothes off before their 'shower' after the long journey.

We took ages to get 'flow control' in our post offices - the Nazis had perfected it for killing thousands of people per day.

So many memories which were difficult to comprehend.

I agree with Mark totally .

details like one tap for drinking and washing shared between 12000 women .

Several memories I will share:

One guard reckons he alone executed 24,000 people.

HOSS - the Camp Commandant - was taken back there by the Poles and hanged just outside one of the gas chambers.

1.5 million people murdered here.

So much you can write about it but not yet.

Eastern Bloc Raid

We did have a bit of fun in Krakow..... Jim got a bit carried away....and just could'nt get a grip of the situation....

Attachments

• bryns eastern block one 050.jpg
    bryns eastern block one 050.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,223
Matt (Ming) put on a bit of a performance outside the hotel in Berlin....That was of course before the Vodka..... You should see the size of the ramp!

Attachments

• bryns eastern block one 018.jpg
    bryns eastern block one 018.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,139
That last one was after a couple of trial runs... Here's one where he was having trouble 'Getting it up' :D

Attachments

• bryns eastern block one 014.jpg
    bryns eastern block one 014.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 693
On a more serious note, I think that everyone should at sometime in their lives visit Auschwitz and Birkenau. It is a totally humbling experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life..

I'm sure i'm speaking for everybody that who participated when i say a big thanks to Greg Masters for sorting it all out.

Re: Eastern Bloc Raid

Bryn said:
We did have a bit of fun in Krakow..... Jim got a bit carried away....and just could'nt get a grip of the situation....

my g/f just asked was that real.. re the pic!!!!!

excuse me while i go extract her foot from her mouth..

shes trying to excuse herself by saying that she didnt really see it first time around..

:D :D :D :D :D :D

pthag

Of course its real... once he takes the elastic band off it goes back to its normal colour....:hapybnce:

Oh dear, I'm gonna be in trouble for that!

I'll leave it for someone else to explain:rolleyes:

God knows what Pamela will say about the one that's to come of the blond waving us off from Poland :(

Not long in - Dover to home in good time. If a brown envelope doesn't appear in the next 14 days I'm gonna complain to the Ministry!

2,960 miles - been trying to explain the highlights to SWMBO and Co. but too many!

Here's a few:

Greg Masters - perhaps the 'master' of GPS - absolutely fantastic lead-rider!

Storks in huge nests on top of telegraph poles

Lots of people stopping and waving at the group as we passed through villages - one old man running up his path to wave while his Mrs ran off down the path!

Old men and women in Poland dragging/pushing ploughs and seed drills without an 'oss!

The Polish soldier getting caught with his pants down as we swept through his border crossing only to be bailed out by his Czeck counterparts and getting turned back - so much for the EU!

Coming to a similar border crossing an hour later with no one about and hoofing it through - would have been locked up not too long ago!

Loads of piccies to come boys and girls - best parties are the ones you missed!

Cheers Greg - you were 'the man!'

Thanks to everyone else for making it a time to remember.

(Only took a 35mm camera so looking forward with eager anticipation to the rest of the pics:( )

I'm sure i'm speaking for everybody that who participated when i say a big thanks to Greg Masters for sorting it all out. [/B][/QUOTE]

could'nt of put it better myself . what a stirling chap Greg is .:D

Back
Top Bottom