buying a used zumo 660

thosoneill

Reaction score
i have been offered a second hand zumo 660 which is three months old - i assume that the warranty is transferable - i have never owned a satnav before - can anyone give me some advice regarding the warranty on a three month old device which i propose to purchase soon - as the second owner can i re register the device with garmin and obtain warranty assurance - thanks

I would check with Garmin on that one.
I wouldn't assume the warranty is transferrable because your contract is with the previous owner and not the manufacturer and there are precious few protections for a sale of second hand goods.
That's why they sell for so much less than new.

Personally, for the added risk involved, I wouldn't pay more than 2/3 of the new price, for any piece of second hand kit.

If it was a mate, it would be different because if you have a problem later, he could make the claim for you.

Also the seller will have to inform Garmin that they have sold the Zumo to you, if they don't you will not be able to register it for updates/support etc.

I did buy a used unit and had no problems at all with Garmin. Give them a call with the product ID and they can tell you if all is as it should be.
Re the warranty Garmin guarentee the product for 12 months....irrespective of who owns it, as long as there is some proof of purchase. The vendor will need to provide this.
My only question is why is someone selling a 3 month old unit? Personally the 660 has required some perseverence to get the device working as it should (autocom, iphone) over my previous 550 but it is a much better unit once all the sofware upgrades have been done.

Back
Top Bottom