Childrens Play Centre

Gs-ell

Reaction score
Now then

This is my charity www.theworksskatepark.com

We're the largest indoor skatepark in the UK.
We're currently trying to raise funds for an all round rebuild, in the skatepark, the cafe, to create classrooms & IT suites with video editing available, recording studio & a gym!

But to do it i need to look for about 5 million so support in anyway is welcome!!

Last summer i made the Skatepark FREE to all kids in the UK under 18, we had 8'500 visitors in the 6 weeks holidays improving footfall 280% & leeds council STILL won't support us!!!!!
This summer holidays i intend to do the same we need to raise £40'000 to cover costs for the 6 weeks, again ANY help is very much appreciated!

Cheers for your time & enjoy looking @ the website
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he1loMz5h0M

Elliott

Now then

This is my charity www.theworksskatepark.com

We're the largest indoor skatepark in the UK.
We're currently trying to raise funds for an all round rebuild, in the skatepark, the cafe, to create classrooms & IT suites with video editing available, recording studio & a gym!

But to do it i need to look for about 5 million so support in anyway is welcome!!

Last summer i made the Skatepark FREE to all kids in the UK under 18, we had 8'500 visitors in the 6 weeks holidays improving footfall 280% & leeds council STILL won't support us!!!!!
This summer holidays i intend to do the same we need to raise £40'000 to cover costs for the 6 weeks, again ANY help is very much appreciated!

Cheers for your time & enjoy looking @ the website
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he1loMz5h0M

Elliott

I just had a look at your website and it really isn't very clear how the charity works:nenau It looks like you have a commercial business which is also registered as a charity and you are asking me to donate money. Does the money go towards you rebuilding your premises or paying for kids to use it for free during the summer :nenau

I've just had a look at your website and I am a little confused as to what your charity is or how it works.

Maybe you wouldn't mind giving us clearer details please.

:aidan

Now then

the website isn't fully switched over yet.
The Charity has taken over the running of business and is working through changing the ownership of the facility. The Charity has a business limited by guarantee to allow us to continue trading as we are, but never make profit & ensures that all profit made goes back in the charity for projects - in other words we're a social enterprise too!

As for donations when you go through to the Big Give website you need to add a note as to which project you'd like your money to help, we can't add a link for each project, just the Charity.

I was originally employed by the skatepark as a manager (before the charity) though whilst running it i found more & more that areas of Leeds had never heard of the center & whilst raising the profile i then noticed not everyone was using the facility, the main reason been the cost, so i got together with some parents and founded the charity with the main aim been to provide a world class facility, especially with skateboarding going into the Olympics, for sport, recreation & play + we want it to be available to all at a price every member of the public can afford.

So far we've added computers for those without access to the internet to use for work & recreation and now have a homework club founded for children in south Leeds.
we also work with the nhs aiming to reduce obesity levels in young people, so far in the 6000 children we've worked with 85% still skate/ bmx which has reduced obesity levels on a level never expected.

as soon as the website is finished i'll re-post the link
Cheers for the help & if you've any suggestions email me direct @ elliott@theworksskatepark.com, a fresh pair of eyes helps loads

all the best
Elliott

Back
Top Bottom