General Maintenance

Baldrick2

Quick quesion for those of you who have owned your 450s for longer than I have!!!!!!!!

What's the routine everyone follows for general maintenance????????

Not the basic chain lube etc etc but more how often are you all chaging oil, filters etc

Cheers

I always changed my bikes oil and oil filter every other ride... (10hrs ish) and air filter cleaned and re oiled every ride.

Whatever the bike.

Oil and oil filters every 10 hours as per the manual for me, air filter depended on where I was riding, valve clearance was pushed to 20+ as they never moved. It was a remarkably low maintenance machine for me.

Fixings again were checked early and nothing ever moved so it was as and when.

In some respects it was a lot easier to work on than my previous Husaberg or KTM.

I feel the need for another one coming on :D

Oil and oil filters every 10 hours as per the manual for me, air filter depended on where I was riding, valve clearance was pushed to 20+ as they never moved. It was a remarkably low maintenance machine for me.

Yes, I have to agree.
Any 'checks' I have done to the service schedule have returned no 'finds' so the 'checks' frequency have been extended.
The bike gets treated as all my others, ie, a little bit of maintenance often.
I'm doing one oil filter to every two oil changes.

T.

change oil every other ride with 2 oil changes to a oil filter if that makes sense. clean the oil strainers with every oil change though

clean air filter every other ride. ive got 2 which i just wash and reuse so one is always ready to just drop in quickly. just clean with petrol and re oil in a plastic bag and sqish around.

re apply fresh grease to swingarm pivot every other ride

all this is around 10hours use per change

lube cables every ride remove dust seals on front forks and re apply grease every other ride

Thanks for all the responses...... interesting to see what eveyone is doing vs what the manual says!!!

I'm paying for not cleaning the forks properly as have at least one leaking seal!.......best consult the workshop DVD....... here we go again!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom