Another dirty thumper...................

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How do you like this:D

Cheney BSA.....................made from a new frame by Cheney's son

The same chap is making a different type of very special offroad bike and he may sell it to me:thumb

His work and attention to detail is superb

Attachments

• BSA 3.jpg
    BSA 3.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 489
  • BSA 2.jpg
    BSA 2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 465
  • BSA 1.jpg
    BSA 1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 475
  • BSA 5.jpg
    BSA 5.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 470
JB, where's the engine sourced from?
SVA or 'type approved'? I'd like an enduro or LDT version...... how much?

T.

Gorgeous!!!!

I used to race Hagon/BSA grass tracker.....14/1 ccm piston running on methanol, what a buzz:)

T.

I don't know much about it or them, he emailed the pics to show examples of his work, along with pics of the bike he's currently building that interests me

On the bike he's working on now, he makes the frames, ally tanks and all, with some 21st century engineering mods too................to improve on the original 1980's design

I think the Cheney went for over £5k and he raced it in pre 74 scrambles too....so its not just a show bike:augie

He builds very nice and desirable things and then moves onto something new and interesting to him

I'm going down to his 'shed' in early Jan to try some of his 'works bikes' out and see what I fancy......................will report back....it's good the be in the 'know' sometimes and those kinda bikes are interesting, to modern 'off the shelf' stuff............especially when classic offroad events seem to be gaining momentum now

T.

Looks like a CCM version of the BSA 500cc engine of the early 70's. May be wrong though. I'd like one for the road....:rolleyes:

I WANT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been thinking about something similar that's on ebay at the moment but that would mean three bikes in the garage.
Are you buying it? and are you going to use it to compete?

I WANT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been thinking about something similar that's on ebay at the moment but that would mean three bikes in the garage.
Are you buying it? and are you going to use it to compete?

No, I have no interest in Scramblers.......................but I might buy a trials bike he's making and it's not a pre65 Brit bike.................much nicer:D

The one on ebay is listed as - BSA Classic Trials Special.
Registered in Edinburgh on 23rd Mar 1956.
Which makes it three days older than me.:rob

I'd like one for the road....

Me too.....:thumb2
I was out with a couple of lads trail riding about this time last year.... it was horrible weather, cold, dark, wet, with a deep thick misty fog upon us...... for about five miutes I could hear the most fantastic sound, a rumble, then a crack as the unsilenced four stroke single approached...... then an old boy rode past us on this bike, it was great to see, and I didn't recognise the machine, it was covered in mud....... And with a nod of his pisspot helmet and an "al' reet" he was gone....... cool as feck!
Since then I have wanted one of these type bikes....... just need a shuffle round in the garage to find some room......:augie

T.

Gorgeous!!!!

I used to race Hagon/BSA grass tracker.....14/1 ccm piston running on methanol, what a buzz:)

Back in the 70's I built and ran a Hagon/Yamaha, it was a bored and stroked XS at 844cc - a true methanol snorting beast, Only 13:1 but it was a twin so I guess that is OK :cool:

My first was a Hagon C15,too. followed by an Elstar (Bob Joyner) B50 (BSA Comp Shop Motor-one of the last before CCM took the remaining Stock).

Cheney and Rickman BSA's pop up from time to time on e-bay,but there might be something of interest here;

http://www.classicoffroadshow.com/

My mate is buying/having one built. All told, I think it's going to cost in the region of £15k by the time he's finished. It's also to go along with his two CCM B50 engined beasties plus several other bikes he has.

Used to have what might be termed an ancestor of this bike - a BSA 441 Victor, the only bike I've ever had stolen.

If I had the money I could be tempted, but I think it would be wasted on me at my current level of offroad ability. A street version would be nice though, my Victor looked exactly like a B25 Starfire to people riding RD250s, etc... :augie

Back
Top Bottom