Priests who raped children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hope I am not going to upset anyone, but I would like to understand why these men are not behind bars or charged with rape and their other crimes. Was there some agreement that the Murphy report would not be used as evidence in court?
I would shoot them up on the bog.
Bin

One of the most disturbing aspects of the Murphy report was the fact that in some of the cases the Police were actually complicit in what happened.

I wonder if the reason that there haven't been any notable prosecutions is that a political decision has been made because the politicians themselves might be found to be complicit as well.

I was born into the ireland of the 50's where/when priests had real power beyond the spiritual (assuming they had that at all). They were untouchable and lost touch with reality as untouchables always do. They had power over the state http://www.wiki.ie/wiki/Noel_Browne#The_.22Mother_and_Child_Scheme.22
The state had power over the Gardai. None of this makes it right but I understand how it happened.
It is tragic on all levels; there are the child (now adult) victims, the priests who genuinely joined to serve Christ and his followers in a noble way, the disillusioned followers, the Gardai who were forced by superiors to turn a blind eye. There are more but that is enough.
Ireland south of the border was a Catholic state - that was a disaster. I was once a Catholic and it left me with a great admiration for Jesus Christ whose birthday we are celebrating. He said a lot worth listening to; interestingly he never claimed his mother was a virgin. A group of celibate men came up with that as a by product of "sex is dirty" (sit down Woody Allen).
So you had power and a warped view of sex in a complicit puppet state that handed its social problems to the church.
I serve nor believe in no chuch; Christ got a lot of stuff right but was the son of no god..........I've a bit of shopping to do................Happy Christmas.

I was born into the ireland of the 50's where/when priests had real power beyond the spiritual (assuming they had that at all). They were untouchable and lost touch with reality as untouchables always do. They had power over the state http://www.wiki.ie/wiki/Noel_Browne#The_.22Mother_and_Child_Scheme.22
The state had power over the Gardai. None of this makes it right but I understand how it happened.
It is tragic on all levels; there are the child (now adult) victims, the priests who genuinely joined to serve Christ and his followers in a noble way, the disillusioned followers, the Gardai who were forced by superiors to turn a blind eye. There are more but that is enough.
Ireland south of the border was a Catholic state - that was a disaster. I was once a Catholic and it left me with a great admiration for Jesus Christ whose birthday we are celebrating. He said a lot worth listening to; interestingly he never claimed his mother was a virgin. A group of homosexual men came up with that as a by product of "sex is dirty" (sit down Woody Allen).
So you had power and a warped view of sex in a complicit puppet state that handed its social problems to the church.
I serve nor believe in no chuch; Christ got a lot of stuff right but was the son of no god..........I've a bit of shopping to do................Happy Christmas.

People had a choice to do the right thing or do the wrong thing, most chose to do the wrong thing. They are still doing the wrong thing. Anyone who gives a cent to the catholic church is doing the wrong thing. Most priests in Africa are married and probably to more than 1 wife.

I believe it was a gay pope who decided on banning priests from marrying. Nowadays it would cost the church big money to provide for families and then divorces....

I agree with bin about the bog, but shoot them in both knees and leave them there..

The catholic church has had an anti-woman agenda for centuries. I loved the theory that Mary Magdelene was one of christ's apostles and had her own gospel that was repressed by the church, which then went on to demonise her as a prostitute. I've been to a few protestant services and loved every minute of them. Much more spiritual than the carry on in catholic churches.

Unfortunately, the Catholic Church has conspired to keep such issues "in-house" worldwide - similar issues in many countries.

That the issue you are the most powerful and richest non- democratic organisation. Absolute power corrupts

Odd that the Pope thinks that God doesn't mind his servants buggering and raping little boys ...... it's not a God I would want to beholden to

I don't think many understand the power and influence the Church has over its followers... more than the power of life and death, the power of eternal damnation, greater than anything that could happen in this world...

I grew up a Catholic in the 60's, with Irish grandparents. A Priest was literally one step removed from God, to even speak to him was an honour.

On family trips to Ireland, I found that nuns were regarded as perfect beings, while priests were literally divine. Families took it as a badge of honour to have one or more members in the church - our family contained a nun and a monk.

And, of course, the Catholic Church holds the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card: confession. They believe that by confessing your sins, and serving a penance, the sin is wiped from your soul. So whatever a priest does, by confessing, he is absolved - problem over! And of course they answer to a higher power than police or courts, they answer directly to their God.

It is easy to say "people had a choice", but to go up against everything society holds to be sacred? To go against generations of brainwashing, and isolate yourself from family, friends, state and church? To abandon your faith, and submit your soul to eternal torture and damnation? There aren't many brave enough to do that...

but it has started, and the fallout will have profound effects in Ireland and on Catholicism worldwide.

(By the way, I'm now a hard-line atheist. P'raps you can see why...)

I would like to add my 2 cents worth to this thread.
I grew up in Ranelagh in the 60's a so called middle class area of Dublin. We were not Roman Catholic. We were poor in a 1 parent family (dad left home). My Grandmother helped my mother to bring us 3 up in a 1 up 1 down house whare we were very happy and appart from a 1 year stay in a home about 1964/5 my Mom and Gran did their very best for us. But we were TERRIFFIED of Roman Catholic priests. They had nothing to do with us. We went to a Church of Ireland school. Our r c friends held priests in some kind of terriffied revernce and would be whispering in terror/awe when talking about them. So would their parents. Priests could do what they liked. They could molest boys and girls at will. They could call to newly wed girls and demand sex with them.
They got money for every service they provided. Births marrages deaths masses and churches does anyone remember when a woman had a baby she was said to de unclean and had to be churched to pureafy her. Also it was comon practice to remember the priest in your will.
Festive rant over.

My vote would go to using the vast wealth of the Catholic church to support the victims of abuse by priests/brothers/nuns.

I would make them pay, pay and pay again until they had not a cent left.

lets look on the positive side of all the recent disclosures....clergy numbers have been in serious decline for many years....if it wasn't for the peado's there wouldn't be any new recruits at all!

I too was born and brought up catholic in South Armagh but turned away from it when I was 14 as I couldn't reconcile the hypocrisy of the church. I don't have faith of any kind and have nothing at all to do with any organised religion.

If you want an insight into the shenanigans of the catholic church may I suggest a book called "In God's Name" by David Yallop. An interesting read.

To be honest, I would not paint them all with one brush. Some did a lot in parishes for poor people, and provided comfort to sick and bereaved. I am on about the specific bastards who took out their perversions on little children. I would like to see them swept from the land asap. scum.
I never had a hand put on me in the CBS and got an education I am proud of. This other thing is different, criminal scum. Why are they not being chased?
Bin

not much differance between the chatolic church and the nazis,, i for one wont be going to mass tomorow,, shower of gits,,

I always wondered why all the movies like "The Excorsist" "Damien 1,2,3 etc" all involved the Catholic church :nenau

Was it that they were seen to be the most religious zealots?

You wouldn't expect to see The Free Presbyterian Church feature in those movies - would you?

I must admit that the Catholic Church appears to have a strange morality - in that it is selective in the extreme (a bit like Brown/Blair/Mandelson).:mad:

Al :)

religion all feckin religion is responsible for 90% of pain and suffering on this bloody planet...time it was snuffed out:augie

We should go back to the old religion based on worshipping the seasons and the sun etc. Wiccans i think they're called. Sounds a bit more "real" to be honest. I always felt slightly envious of the devil worshippers in those old hammer films, standing around watching joan collins getting rogered on a stone altar. :augie

Religion gives a lot of comfort to people as an emotional support which is fine as it goes but it seems the one thread that runs through every religion on the planet is heaven hell and the promise of an assured stay in one or the other depending on if you tow the party line or not, all of which is fueled by the absolute refusal of the human race to accept that you get one go on this planet and thats it you are dead.
Having read the threads posted on here about the catholic church in ireland and the number who have turned away from it and the protection of peadophiles santioned by the state and the reluctance to prosecute the guilty it would appear that there still too much church influance,
there seems to be a growing clamour for the truth in ireland and this will expose the truth eventually.

I always wondered why all the movies like "The Excorsist" "Damien 1,2,3 etc" all involved the Catholic church :nenau

Was it that they were seen to be the most religious zealots?

You wouldn't expect to see The Free Presbyterian Church feature in those movies - would you?

No they're more the 'Witch Finder General' and 'Hammer House of Horrors' type I think:thumb2

there seems to be a growing clamour for the truth in ireland and this will expose the truth eventually.

That is indeed the case John. Getting to the truth is one thing, but unfortunately prosecuting the bastards seems to be quite another altogether. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom