Adjusting the fork height

frostyuk

Reaction score
Hi all and merry christmas

now i've got a chance to do it i want to alter the height of the forks in the clamps, any suggestions as to the best way to do this i.e. leave the front wheel in situ and try to adjust en masse or removal the wheel and do each fork individually? if the latter what recommendations would you have to ensure proper alignment at the end?

many thanks one and all

Are you looking to drop the bike or raise the bike ?

raise the bike, there's currently 20mm plus protruding above the clamps, at 6'4" tall i don't need low, but the front a tad higher would be usefull for me :)

raise the bike, there's currently 20mm plus protruding above the clamps, at 6'4" tall i don't need low, but the front a tad higher would be usefully for me :)

Mine was the same as yours :thumb2 Lift the bike up on a proper bike stand so the front wheel is off the ground, then loosen the 8 Allen head bolts holding the fork leg tops, using a rubber mallet or a bit of wood and a hammer very gently tap one fork leg at a time until you reach the desired reduction of fork leg showing ( I knocked mine so there flat with the top yoke as a starting point, I'm 6' 2" ) then retorque to 25NM. Hope this helps :thumb

Nice one, thanks for the advice dibdob :beerjug: will give that a try tomorrow:thumb2

Are your own mods nearing completion ? i had a look at the one you bought but the one i got had more bits already done :)

I thought that was you when he said a chap from Bristol had been to have a look :augie

I tried for yours but you got in there first :rolleyes: I like the idea of fitting the extras myself, Bit of a spanner monkey me ;)

The shock turned up on Tuesday along with the KTM EXC front mudguard and the other wheel nut but no Tyres which I'm pi**ed about :( because when i spoke the them on Friday they said i would get them on Monday, Rang back Wednesday but they weren't answering the phone, Broke up for Christmas i bet :nenau and the Touratech bits will take 2 weeks (Do they actually stock anything in this country ???)

Been working hard MYSELF this week :blast but i hope to carry on with the bike tomorrow :thumb

Back
Top Bottom