power plug/fuel economy

elbowsg450x

how much does fitting the power plug reduce fuel economy? though the bike is quick enough ias standard 'm thinking of using the plug more often and going from 14/50 back to 14/48 gearing as 5th is a bit short on the way home and its out of puff at 65. with the extra power i wouldnt need the shorter geering as much on the lanes.

i only use the bike for lanes and dont want to get caught short in the middle of nowhere by running out of fuel.

Not a huge difference MPG wise, I usually hovered around the 50MPG point regardless for quickish riding on green lanes with the plug in or out, I ran a switch out to the dash so I could switch high to low power however it involved stopping the engine, this can be done on the fly tho :D

EDIT, when the low fuel marker comes up get fuel, do not carry on for the next 5 miles cos you will be pushing the bike at the end.

how much does fitting the power plug reduce fuel economy? though the bike is quick enough ias standard 'm thinking of using the plug more often and going from 14/50 back to 14/48 gearing as 5th is a bit short on the way home and its out of puff at 65. with the extra power i wouldnt need the shorter geering as much on the lanes.

i only use the bike for lanes and dont want to get caught short in the middle of nowhere by running out of fuel.

Running with the plug in and doing a mix of simple lanes and some really muddy stiff I would get about 70 - 80 miles maximum before it was on fumes only.I would aim to re fuel around 65 miles to be safe.

Hope this helps

Jay B

Back
Top Bottom