Blinkin' Indicators

Iain Hogg

Having just spent an enjoyable week on my 1100GSR (no screen due to a close encounter of the rural kind last weekend :( ), I have finally found my way into the nut that holds what remains of my front indicator in place.

How could anyone have thought of a more difficult plase to put it? You need to remove the screen, the front side panels, the beak, the headlight and then the casting below it just to replace the first thing that breaks when you, er, drop your pride and joy.

Now the technical question, does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket smaller/flexible indicators so that I don't have to go through this process the next time?

Iain

Iain, get the Touratech Mini indicators. They're flexible and resemble the OE.
Make sure you fit the 21w bulbs from your original indicators, they DO FIT, otherwise they will flash like buggery (technical term)

Yes, sorry about your bit of green lane ploughing Iain. Dare I say you were willing but a bit less than able.;)

Hope the repairs are not too expensive.

Iain, I suggest you replace all four indicators, even though the 1100 does have rear ones that are on slightly bendy stalks they will eventually hit something and snap.

Also when and if you get a pair of Touratech Zega panniers the bike will be ready for them straight away.

Mick.

PS:- are coming to Melbourne again?

Howard, thanks for that.

Contrary to what it looked like, I did enjoy my short flourish on Sunday - previously the furthest I'd been 'off the tarmac' was up to my tent the night before!

My problem was that I was keeping in mind what to do on the loose/slippery stuff and when the central groove took over in directing the bike I tried to argue with it!

"Hope the repairs are not too expensive" - not too bad, being resourceful (i.e. tight) most of it is repairable. I did miss picking up one piece of the hand guard though so am going back this weekend to look for it :rolleyes:

See you around.

Mick, advice taken on board but will check prices (see comment above!).

I'm sure I'll be back to Melbourne some day so will keep your number handy.

Iain

Back
Top Bottom