Garmin Zumo 665

• Thread starter Deleted account W
  • Start date
I wonder if its more than the XM antenna or a proper sort out of all the issues they've had with the 660?

Here it is

LAS VEGAS--Most of our readers are pretty familiar with Garmin's Nuvi line of in-car GPS navigators, but most have never heard of the manufacturer's Zumo line of motorcycle GPS devices. At CES 2010, Garmin has added a new top-of-the-line model, the Zumo 665.

The 665 replaces the previous Zumo flagship, the 660, but almost matches the previous unit spec for spec. Both units have the same 4.3-inch WQVGA touch screen, removable, rechargeable lithium ion battery, and waterproof construction. Both feature Bluetooth hands-free calling with A2DP stereo audio streaming.

Dig a little deeper and you'll find that the new 665 boasts a better battery life (up to five hours versus the 660's three), but the biggest change is the switch to XM NavTraffic and weather from the soon-to-be-defunct MSN Direct network used by the older unit. A cool byproduct of the XM traffic integration is that the Zumo 665 can also stream XM Radio programming through its integrated speaker or to Bluetooth-connected headphones or helmet headsets.

Combining an XM Radio tuner and a waterproof GPS device in one housing makes us feel a little better about the Zumo 665's $999 MSRP, but not much. The Zumo 665 motorcycle GPS navigation device is currently available.

Attachments

• zumo-665-1.jpg
    zumo-665-1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 600
I wonder if its more than the XM antenna or a proper sort out of all the issues they've had with the 660?

I would like to be enlightened???

I have searched around for 'issues' and haven't found anything big enough to distract me from buying one..

Cheers.

beats me why garmin can't include FM RDS and/or DAB radio on european models. It can pick up FM traffic info. Great, like I bought a bike to sit in traffic jams, or could not push my way through :blast

Be patient ..... there is now a Nuvi that can receive DAB radio and TV. This just needs to be Zumo'd and we're sorted. :D

Back
Top Bottom