Sunglasses

vireo

Reaction score
Was in Aldi today and picked up a nice pair - well, you can always HOPE for some sun..... These are sold as part of their skiing range, and came in to the shops just after Christmas. Part of their Crane range, there are three interchangeable lenses(clear, heavy tint and yellowish) and come complete with a semi-hard case including pockets for the spare lenses, and basic a lan-yard.

I'll use them on the push bike and also with an open-faced helmet without visor, but they fit perfectly under my Shoei Multitech. A bargain, I reckon at all for only €4.99 !! (end of advertisement):D

Whereas (at the other end of the scale) I bought a pair of Oakley Splinter polarized sunglasses today. :Motomartin

Attachments

• 496fba0cc3189.jpg
    496fba0cc3189.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 344
I bought some Swiss One Crackerjack glasses. Cheap as chips and very comfy under the lid.

Its a valid point as to whether any specs used on the moto should be truely protective in terms of shatter-proofing. I'd hate to imagine the eye-injury that might result from 'cheapo' sunglasses shattering in a spill - though I suspect you'd have more than eye injuries to worry about ...:cool:

A bargain, I reckon at all for only €4.99
:agree
Unless it's really cold or raining I prefer to ride with the visor up & a pair of glasses, either tinted or not depending on the weather, on my head. With my record of breaking or losing them I only ever buy the Lidl & Aldi ones. The cycling ones are good too. So far all seem to fit into the Multitec :bounce1

I'd hate to imagine the eye-injury that might result from 'cheapo' sunglasses shattering in a spill - though I suspect you'd have more than eye injuries to worry about ...:cool:

I should think so. I've always worn glasses, and after properly destroying two helmets in crashes I shudder to think damage an impact strong enough to shatter them might do.

:agree
Unless it's really cold or raining I prefer to ride with the visor up & a pair of glasses, either tinted or not depending on the weather, on my head. With my record of breaking or losing them I only ever buy the Lidl & Aldi ones. The cycling ones are good too. So far all seem to fit into the Multitec :bounce1

My last crackerjacks cost £3.05 a pair delivered to Dublin

018050.jpg

Fit lovely under the Tour X-3

Was in Aldi today and picked up a nice pair - well, you can always HOPE for some sun..... These are sold as part of their skiing range, and came in to the shops just after Christmas. Part of their Crane range, there are three interchangeable lenses(clear, heavy tint and yellowish) and come complete with a semi-hard case including pockets for the spare lenses, and basic a lan-yard.

I'll use them on the push bike and also with an open-faced helmet without visor, but they fit perfectly under my Shoei Multitech. A bargain, I reckon at all for only €4.99 !! (end of advertisement):D

I've just bought a pair of these as well. Haven't tried them out yet but at £3.99 I thought they'd be worth a shot. :thumb

a Shnozzle replies...

I should think so. I've always worn glasses, and after properly destroying two helmets in crashes I shudder to think damage an impact strong enough to shatter them might do.

see my face for details. :eek: :D
i was lucky - the glass glasses (this was yeeeears ago) shifted and shattered/embedded in my forehead, after digging into and breaking my nose enroute.

i was picking glass out of my face for a year after. got nerve damage to my head (yeah - i know, it explains a lot, dont it :p) but i got off lightly really.
you'd only notice the severity of damage if you literally look up my nose.... :confused:
no, not many people do that - apart from midgets. :augie

the cheapo specs are grand IF they dont pinch the sides of your head under the lid. try them specs with yer lid on before purchase.:thumb
i rate them highly. rather have good cheap clear vision and not give a damn if lost, than worry about expensive liablities.

Back
Top Bottom