light switch

clarkie

Hello has anybody done away with the left hand switch cluster (indicator,lights flash horn etc) and wired up a lights on/off flick switch on the dash, if so how hard was it to do.

I've also been thinking about this. I have no need for indictors and horn as I use mine 100% of the time in the dirt and all that is gone anyway. All I need is a light switch. Maybe get a KTM light switch for one of their enduro machines ?

hi, you can get the lower part, were the indicator switch is, removed, takes one srew... and bye bye tot he in dicators.
its all plug and play

I've kept the front light and horn as in some trail rides you need the light on to be able to ride and the horn I have found useful for passing slow riders on the trail. :thumb

I've kept the front light and horn as in some trail rides you need the light on to be able to ride and the horn I have found useful for passing slow riders on the trail. :thumb

Horn? I found a quick blast with the Akro fitted does the trick :augie

Try it with the Baffle out, wear some ear plugs if you must :)

Why:rolleyes: We now have noise control levels on some trails and this is great and means we can still ride these trails.

If some riders would only think of others may be there would be more trails for us to to ride on.:thumb

Why:rolleyes: We now have noise control levels on some trails and this is great and means we can still ride these trails.

If some riders would only think of others may be there would be more trails for us to to ride on.:thumb

oh Dear, seems like i'm being told off. :rob F.Y.I. i ride closed courses where noise isnt an issue OK! I will ride the Trails when i get that bit older :)

oh Dear, seems like i'm being told off. :rob F.Y.I. i ride closed courses where noise isnt an issue OK! I will ride the Trails when i get that bit older :)

This is where you are so wrong.
Down here we have noise control on closed courses:) and because of non thinking riders we are having non controlled tracks closed because of the noise.

Hello has anybody done away with the left hand switch cluster (indicator,lights flash horn etc) and wired up a lights on/off flick switch on the dash, if so how hard was it to do.

any way as i was saying??:):blagblah

any way as i was saying??:):blagblah

It would be very straight forward to do as long as you didn't want high/low beam option, if you did you would need a 3 position switch. Is it much of a problem to leave the original cluster where it is? whats the advantage of removing it?

It would be very straight forward to do as long as you didn't want high/low beam option, if you did you would need a 3 position switch. Is it much of a problem to leave the original cluster where it is? whats the advantage of removing it?

If you take the switch apart you can clip of a piece of plastic this then allows you to turn the light off.

I've also been thinking about this. I have no need for indictors and horn as I use mine 100% of the time in the dirt and all that is gone anyway. All I need is switches. Maybe get a KTM light switch for one of their enduro machines ?

:aidan

I also also search a special wall light switch, though I know this forum may not permit. :comfort

Clarkie was trying to get the point across that the original topic was about lights and not noise issues and where you ride!!!! :rob

cheers Sammo thats what i was trying to do get back to the original topic :):)

Back
Top Bottom