Please help sub mount kit for Scoot/Ohlins damper ?

PAYBACK

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can someone please put me in contact with a person that has found a way to sub mount a ohlins or Scotts steering damper to a G450x. I've seen someone on this forum do it (can't remember who) PM'd the guy but I've yet to get a reply.

I'm not looking for the GPR v4 I would prefer the Scotts or Ohlin's.

Cheers

Hi Guys

Can someone please put me in contact with a person that has found a way to sub mount a ohlins or Scotts steering damper to a G450x. I've seen someone on this forum do it (can't remember who) PM'd the guy but I've yet to get a reply.

I'm not looking for the GPR v4 I would prefer the Scotts or Ohlin's.

Cheers

hallo boet,

7022_1200941953012_1512450024_537663_4974073_n.jpg

like this?

Hi Motorfiets (South Africa ?)

Yeah like that :)think it was you that I pm'd a while back not sure if you got it. Do you have details on how it was done and with what kit ?

Cheers

ja, afrikaaner!

Pm'd on here? never got that?! :eek ordered it from this fellow http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397011 ... his site seems to be down for some reason though... :confused: had to fab up my own post mount though... all the "kit" came with was the damper, Aluminum base mount, scotts booklet.... oh and STICKERS!! :beerjug: welded a steel plate for the foot onto a steel rod bent over a vise... works pretty damn well!

Thanks for the reply Mototfiets. Besides the post, from the image I see that the damper it simply bolted to the risers and that's it, am I missing something ?

Thanks for the reply Mototfiets. Besides the post, from the image I see that the damper it simply bolted to the risers and that's it, am I missing something ?

its bolted to a plate and the plate is then bolted to the risers... much like this

damperyellowborder.jpg

its bolted to a plate and the plate is then bolted to the risers... much like this

damperyellowborder.jpg

Aah ok, I checked out the post link you sent me thanks. I suppose with a sub mount you cant really get away with the handlebar getting a bit taller. I saw he had 1" mounting kit which is what I would want to go for. Any specific part number or is it just the KTM 690 kit, would the 1" kit work ?

Back
Top Bottom