bmw hybrid

shinobi

Reaction score
was just reading and it seems bmw will be racing the 450 engine in a husqvarna frame this year if not next, was thinking about getting one of these now not so sure:(

was just reading and it seems bmw will be racing the 450 engine in a husqvarna frame this year if not next, was thinking about getting one of these now not so sure:(

BMW own Husky.....................ao why the concern:nenau

well it begs the question is there something wrong with the original frame layout?/ front sprocket suspension etc, concerned because i was about to order a 2010 model tomorrow:blast

well it begs the question is there something wrong with the original frame layout?/ front sprocket suspension etc, concerned because i was about to order a 2010 model tomorrow:blast

Best have a word with DK.............................it begs the question why he left..................handling was the mute point

Went to a production model Kwacker 450 (albeit with full WP suspension) and won with it

Then went back to KTM for 2010

I think I'd try the new Suzook RMX450Z or a Katoom or a Husky

At least you have a dealer who knew how to make the best out of the bike..........not many BMW dealers know how to set up an Enduro racer

Best have a word with DK.............................it begs the question why he left..................handling was the mute point

Went to a production model Kwacker 450 (albeit with full WP suspension) and won with it

Then went back to KTM for 2010

I think I'd try the new Suzook RMX450Z or a Katoom or a Husky

At least you have a dealer who knew how to make the best out of the bike..........not many BMW dealers know how to set up an Enduro racer
Just because Dk didn't get on with it, doesn't mean the bike isn't any good. I have had no issues with my bike and other people i know who have them. So DK going back to KTM means that the Kwaks aren't any good??

I asked BMW about the situation, they said the g450x and the enduro race team are separate, they will run a (hybrid) type machine whilst BMW will still produce the g450x, this sounds bizzare, anyway of to pastures yellow, just ordered the Suzuki Rmx450z

This sounds wrong for BMW to race a bike they don't sell. I would have thought to be able to race the bike the company should have to manufacture so many bikes for the public.

This sounds wrong for BMW to race a bike they don't sell.
Why?
Do you think the WSB factory bikes are anything like the road bike except in looks?
MOST top level racing is done on bikes that have a passing resemblance only to the bikes you can buy in the dealers. No difference here. No doubt once they have perfected the race bike things will filter down to the updated bike on sale in dealers.....

Hard to say, best bike I've been on, but that's not that many, just seems to find traction very well especially over loose rocks, suspension very plush, same ground would have had me out of shape on drz, will know more after first race

Hard to say, best bike I've been on, but that's not that many, just seems to find traction very well especially over loose rocks, suspension very plush, same ground would have had me out of shape on drz, will know more after first race

Perhaps you should join the Suzuki forum, not sure that we are too much interested in ride reports for other bikes. i would think that if we were, we would go on their sites not a BMW one. hope you get the gist of what i mean .

ok Heir sammo ill get my coat then shall i? seeing as youve spoken for all the other gsers! how very kind of you:ronno

Sammo,
Is this some new forum rule? no BMW no forum access? I thought it was all about getting out and riding bikes.I have had two BMW's G450X and G650x Im currently running two huskys were do I stand ,am I ok to pay my subscription and contribute to the forum.........
:augie
Jay B

Sammo,
Is this some new forum rule? no BMW no forum access? I thought it was all about getting out and riding bikes.I have had two BMW's G450X and G650x Im currently running two huskys were do I stand ,am I ok to pay my subscription and contribute to the forum.........
:augie
Jay B

No problem at all, but i wouldn't expect that you would come on here and just give ride reports on your Husky's , you would more than likely go to a husky site , where it is more relevant.
Thats all. This is just my own opinion and i dont speak for the whole of the GSER forum members.

The initial thread was about the BMW/Husky Hybrid , it then turns out as a Rdie report for the Suzuki 450.

Sammo

Many people here start with a BMW and their tastes and needs evolve. I'm always interested in what former BM riders move to and why, so don't start getting all fascist on us or you'll miss the ethos of this community. Paul's hosting can, I'm sure, cope with more information than what Shinobi or any other non-GS riders will throw at it.

When I pick up a Japanese bike, I'll be sure to send you the link to my first ride report...:augie

No problem at all, but i wouldn't expect that you would come on here and just give ride reports on your Husky's , you would more than likely go to a husky site , where it is more relevant.
Thats all. This is just my own opinion and i dont speak for the whole of the GSER forum members.

The initial thread was about the BMW/Husky Hybrid , it then turns out as a Rdie report for the Suzuki 450.

Many people here start with a BMW and their tastes and needs evolve. I'm always interested in what former BM riders move to and why, so don't start getting all fascist on us or you'll miss the ethos of this community. Paul's hosting can, I'm sure, cope with more information than what Shinobi or any other non-GS riders will throw at it.

When I pick up a Japanese bike, I'll be sure to send you the link to my first ride report...:augie

I don't understand why you would ever buy a Jap bike after owning the BM 450. This bike just rocks it never breaks down and pro-forms so well.

shinobi It seems you have moved on to a bike that has not done well on the world stage of enduro racing. I ride with the 2010 number one world enduro rider and he has said the BMW riders love the BM450 they are not that happy with the 449 at this stage.

Actually, Sammo, it's a discussion. You are coming off really badly here. My 2 cents, the BMW 450 has an excellent reputation for reliability, durability and performance in its class. You probably couldn't buy one and take it to a race and expect to win but for everyday enduro work I think the combination is a tough one to beat and if i were in the market it's the one I would buy.

this forum has long since evolved from being a bmw forum, talking about just bikes,
i think the gs club would better suit your needs,,they dont talk about nasty rice burners as much on there,,:D

Back
Top Bottom