RIDGEWAY ON A GS? come on

Loz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guy's last sunday i went to watch a mate race at ashdown farm just outside wallingford on the ridgeway.After the race i went for a ride down the ridgeway on my gs(i know it quite well as it's local) just for the crack being dry etc.It was great not much mud to sink in, the surface was dry and the rutty bit's(scary at first) were ok as well but the open track which is the vast majority was dry, dusty,fast and fuggin fantastic.I ended up at the shepherd rest pub by foxhills near swindon 25-30 miles.I got stuck once but did not drop it, it was great .I spoke to the landlady and she's cool about bikes,dirty boot's in the bar etc(stowford press cider yum).So if any of you guy's fancy a reapeat run (on a gs the terrain is similar to the offroad ride out at the landsend rally) post here and we will arrange it cheer's loz

linelizard said:
I spoke to the landlady and she's cool about bikes,dirty boot's in the bar etc(stowford press cider yum).

Yes, when we rode the Ridgeway on 30 April, the pub landlord didn't mind too much that we left gallons of water and mud in his bar. "Bikers", he said, "spend a few pounds - which is more than walkers do!".

Says it all, really!

Greg

Re: Re: RIDGEWAY ON A GS? come on

Greg Masters said:
[B "Bikers", he said, "spend a few pounds - which is more than walkers do!".

Says it all, really!

Greg [/B]

Except that he's probably smart enough to say the opposite to the walkers;)

I'm planning to ride it sometime this summer, before they close any more of it to bikes. Maybe a weekday to avoid the rambling crowds.

maybe a weekday to avoid the rambling crowds. [/B][/QUOTE] hi mate,you should do it but on the weekend just because we can,ball's to the rambler's .that's half the trouble in my opinion we are allowed up there,legal bikes etc we have to keep on using our lanes or we will lose them.by all means be nice to them but we must keep showing our face's or them bastard's will win rant.....rant...rant.sorry about that, if you want company one day just post

Sounds good, I took my old tiger up there a couple of times, not very well as it was very heavy ;-), but would like to take the GS up there, not that i will be able to keep up with you guys, being a novice and all that ....

I hear that they are closing the Ridgeway to all motorists during the winter time, does anyone know any more about this?

[but would like to take the GS up there, not that i will be able to keep up with you guys, being a novice and all that ....

I hear that they are closing the Ridgeway to all motorists during the winter time, does anyone know any more about this? [/B][/QUOTE] it's not about keeping up it's about haveing a good crack and with the GS helping if and when thay get stuck. i've only been off road twice on mine but i'm keen,how about june 13?

Bikergary said:
13th June, sounds good so far, can you send me some details? [/
B]
how's this sound-9am didcot mcdonald's remove footrest rubber's 9-15 go to ashdown nr blewbury,get on ridgeway keep going till we get to avebury(dodgey speeling?)stopping shepherd's rest pub nr foxhill's track.....wot do you think

Sounds good. make it 9 and leave 9:30 give time for others that may turn up. never been along that part of the Ridgeway.
PS, I'll have the top box and rubbers off before then i live in Didcot :)

Bikergary said:
Sounds good. make it 9 and leave 9:30 give time for others that may turn up. never been along that part of the Ridgeway.
PS, I'll have the top box and rubbers off before then i live in Didcot :)
sound's good,one condition-not if it's raining, the chalk part's of the track mainley at the back of white horse hill are a bit tricky in the dry(DON"T BE PUT OFF)but if it's wet !!!! see you on the day unless you are going to that meet on the 9th:beerjug:

Hi, are you still up for this?
I have one concern, I have my brand new tyre fitted tomorrow (Friday), don't know how this will behave, especially as it sounds like we are expecting rain on Saturday.
Should we postpone this for a month or so (I still want to do it)

I'll PM you with me Mobile so you can call me if you need to.

Bikergary said:
Hi, are you still up for this?
hi mate,yes it's still on unless it's pissing down on sunday morn,5 11*0's includeing you and any one else who want's to come.as you may know there are lot's of tarmac roads crossing the ridgeway so if anyone's had enough or is not enjoying it they can get back on tarmac v easy.i'll say again it's not a race,come 2 up if you want ,we've all got tourance 's fitted,it will be a crack.....didcot mc donald's 9.00 sunday,see you all there...loz

linelizard said:
5 11*0's includeing you and any one else who want's to come[/B]

Make that 6! I want to join the fun too.

Whereabouts in Didcot is McDonalds? :confused: I'll be heading north into town from the A34.

Re: gs ?

ktm520 said:
[
B]Is everyone going on their gs's ? [/B]
YES come on and get your's out(gs i mean:) )...loz

Ian B said:
Make that 6! I want to join the fun too.

Whereabouts in Didcot is McDonalds? :confused: I'll be heading north into town from the A34.

hi mate,the mcdonald's is on the junction for didcot( MILTON HIEGHT"S no number on my map) you come off the A34 and you can't miss it unless you have GPS....loz:)

I would like to join this. Is this a muddy one because I a am bit worried about my front tyre - Tourance which is almost ay the end of its life. How far out from Didcot is it? Anyone riding out from London?

Back
Top Bottom