MP3s on SD Card Not Reading

h0wz3r

Reaction score
I recently put a 2Gb Micro SD card in my Zumo 660 but no matter what I try, the unit doesn't read them saying 'no MP3 files found'

Am I doing something wrong here?

I've tried putting them into folders e.g. H:\Michael Jackson - Thriller\Beat It.mp3 and also direct into the root of the card e.g. H:\Beat It.mp3 but no success in either case.

I've formatted the card both to FAT and FAT32 and tried all this both through the Zumo itself and by taking the card out to transfer them direct from my computer.

When I access the card either through the Zumo or by taking it out, I can read and write to it no problem at all.

I'm all out of ideas - can anyone point me in the right direction?

I recently put a 2Gb Micro SD card in my Zumo 660 but no matter what I try, the unit doesn't read them saying 'no MP3 files found'

Am I doing something wrong here?

I've tried putting them into folders e.g. H:\Michael Jackson - Thriller\Beat It.mp3 and also direct into the root of the card e.g. H:\Beat It.mp3 but no success in either case.

I've formatted the card both to FAT and FAT32 and tried all this both through the Zumo itself and by taking the card out to transfer them direct from my computer.

When I access the card either through the Zumo or by taking it out, I can read and write to it no problem at all.

I'm all out of ideas - can anyone point me in the right direction?

on my zumo 550 they have to be in a folder called mp3. Worth a try?

This works fine:

Clipboard01.jpg

Inside each of those folders is a load of mp3 files like this:

Clipboard02.jpg

When using the 660 they are organised not by this folder structure but by ID3 tag information.

From this screen:

gps1.jpg

Pressing ALL gives this:

gps2.jpg

Pressing Album gives this:

gps3.jpg

Are you certain that the files are not currupt and have the .mp3 extension? My card is formated as FAT32.

Problem on a Mac

I'm having the same problem ....

8 Gb card just installed... itunes on a mac... when the unit is plugged into the desktop a garmin icon appears...

I assume you select all in itunes , and drag into the garmin icon....

On doing this I get the message that one particular track cannot be copied as there is insufficient space ( there's loads) and then on the 660 when I check it says 'No mp3 files found :confused:

cd to 660 zumo

Also having problems
Put SDS card in computer loaded music from Cds to card ,when card is put in unit says it is empty ,do I have to convert them to mp3? by some witchcraft ,help appreciared

I'm having the same problem ....

8 Gb card just installed... itunes on a mac... when the unit is plugged into the desktop a garmin icon appears...

I assume you select all in itunes , and drag into the garmin icon....

On doing this I get the message that one particular track cannot be copied as there is insufficient space ( there's loads) and then on the 660 when I check it says 'No mp3 files found :confused:

"GARMIN" is the gps internal memory. the removable SD card should be listed as a separate drive.

TBH i've found that what files the gps can see is something of a lottery. mp3 files seem to work bunged anywhere, but route files need to be strictly organised in the right folder structure.

Kind of by passed the problem by Beano loading me 8Gb worth of tracks on the card :)

I'm getting there though :rob

Back
Top Bottom