REAR RACK EXTENSION FOR ADV

TaffyScouser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a think about this one and decided to go for it with a sheet of 6mm ally plate and an afternoon of hell.

Apolgies to all those that have been patient in trying to help me with this one and I am still interrested in the stainless one...Reyno.

Decided on a flat format to make it interchangeable with a load of other BITS that i fit onto the back of the bike so it now stays in place, uses ony original fitting holes and seems to be in fitting with the rest of the bike.

Attachments

• rack1 small.jpg
    rack1 small.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 260
Another piccie.
The rack is designed to fit the BMW Rack Pack Bag exactly and the stainless u bolts match up to the D hooks on the bag. All looks great with the bag in place. Will also take a 50 litre North Face expedition Duffle bag that I have. Chuffed with the way it has turned out but could never put it into production given the time it took to make it and the cost of the raw materials.

Attachments

• rack2 small.jpg
    rack2 small.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 256
Only 10 mm wider than the panneir rails on each side and this means you can filter between traffic but try that with pods on.

Remember losing two mates last year in Salisbury cos they had the BMW cases on and could not get through the congestion.

The photos actualy make it look wider than it really is. Its 450x350 max dimensions.

ANDY MELTON said:
Remember losing two mates last year in Salisbury cos they had the BMW cases on and could not get through the congestion.

I had no idea filtering was so dangerous...

Mike:eek:

ANDY MELTON said:

And as for dangerous filtering when you get a car driving bar steward trying to cut you up you'll be able to slice through his panelwork with the overhang on your new alloy plate.:D

Back
Top Bottom