My Zumo 660...

Mick_rw

Reaction score
Have had my 660 for just under 6 months and quite like it....BUT it has one annoying thing which is begining to annoy me.... It comes up with a warning telling me I am speeding...not in the normal way.

Here I am riding along at 30MPH in a 30MPH zone and it tells me my speed should be 19MPH...

I have checked all the settings for a the UK and all ok. Does anybody else have this problem, if so have you managed to find a fix.

:D

Have had my 660 for just under 6 months and quite like it....BUT it has one annoying thing which is begining to annoy me.... It comes up with a warning telling me I am speeding...not in the normal way.

Here I am riding along at 30MPH in a 30MPH zone and it tells me my speed should be 19MPH...

I have checked all the settings for a the UK and all ok. Does anybody else have this problem, if so have you managed to find a fix.

Never had a 660, but 19mph sound like 30kph, possibly it's got the units mixed up? Is it one road (Garmin data isue) or all roads? (Garmin hardware issue).

Have fnally managed....

to figure out what the problem is....now I need to fix it.

What is was, under Proximity Alerts, you have 2 tick boxes.

Garmin Safety Cameras
Custom POIs

If I turn of the Custom POIs the fault goes away. So now need to figure out how to edit the Custom POIs and see what shouldn't be there......:D

Hi, I had the same problem when I downloaded the speed camera database from Pocket world GSP. :nenau I used the POI loader and the preferences were set to Km not Miles. :blast Changed the settings, re loaded the POI’s, all fixed.:bounce1

Thanks....

Hi, I had the same problem when I downloaded the speed camera database from Pocket world GSP. :nenau I used the POI loader and the preferences were set to Km not Miles. :blast Changed the settings, re loaded the POI’s, all fixed.:bounce1

for that info. Will give it a go and see what happens......:D

As already noted the problem is the wrong setting in POI Loader.

One other thing to remember is that POI Loader works by loading all the POIs in a computer folder so if the folder includes speed/distance related files from different sources they must all use the same units. I.e. you can't have km files and mile files.

Yahooooooo........

Well spent last night downloading Garmins POI Loader, removed all the POI's from my GPS, reinstalled ensuring MPH was selected.

Then today spent the day out and about on the bike with the GPS working perfectly.

My thanks to all those who contributed to this thread with useful information.....:D:D

Back
Top Bottom