Multi bike insurance - which company?

Wingit

Reaction score
With a new baby on the way (my Suzy DR-Z 400 E) and the renewal date rapidly approaching for my R1200 GSA and my Honda VFR 800i, I am looking for a competitively priced multi bike insurance policy.

I'm looking for a good price quote but not at the sacrifice of shit service in the event of a claim.

Any suggestions or recommendations anyone? :nenau

BMW have come up with a reasonable quote for the GSA but they only do multi bike policies on BMW bikes.

What insurance company are you guys currently using??
Tell us your experiences - good or bad.

Ta. Ken :thumb

Carol Nash

I'm currently with Carol Nash who offer multi bike policy’s which includes full breakdown and recovery for UK and Europe on all bikes on the policy. Quote I had is good value for money for the GS, XT600 & KR1-S.

EBIKE every day of the week for me got all 3 of mine on for less than £200 and there service is great.

Most of my mates are on there as well. :thumb2

Just been looking into the same myself.

Have been with ebike for last three years but this year they wanted an extra £200 even though I had taken one of the bikes off the policy.

After lots of shopping around it was cheaper to have two policies even with one of them being new and with no ncb :nenau

One of the bikes I only really need third part fire theft so thought why pay the extra on main fully comp policy for the extra bike. I assume I will earn another no claims bonus on the second ploicy

ime with Carol Nash, four bikes £220, as said before includes breakdown and recovery uk and europe:thumb

EBIKE every day of the week for me got all 3 of mine on for less than £200 and there service is great.

Most of my mates are on there as well. :thumb2
Until last year, all the cars and bikes in the household (4 bikes and 3 cars) were with eGroup.

Following the unprofessional and incompetent way they handled a no fault claim last April that has now changed.

Needless to say, from personal experience I would not insure a push bike with them :blast

Until last year, all the cars and bikes in the household (4 bikes and 3 cars) were with eGroup.

Following the unprofessional and incompetent way they handled a no fault claim last April that has now changed.

Needless to say, from personal experience I would not insure a push bike with them :blast

Exactly the same issue. Pushed up my premiums following a no fault incident until the case was settled. They said would be refunded once it was sorted in my favour. Needless to say once I contacted them about a refund, they do not respond to any calls or emails. They have lost my bikes and will lose the car insurance this year.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The above comment is why I am interested in hooking up with a company that gives good support in the event of a claim.

I am currently with Bennetts. Every year they take the piss with the renewal quote. This year has been no different and amazingly the price has come right down again when I informed them that I would not be renewing the policy.

I had a claim with Bennetts last year when the bike slipped on some oil/grease/diesel on a left hander. The claim was dealt with with the minimum of fuss or input from me. BMW assist picked the bike up and dropped it at the dealer (Williams) and a week or two later the bike was all shiny again. So the service from Bennetts is good but every year they try it on with a price hike. Well this time they have shot themselves in the foot because I have changed to BMW Motorrad insurance for the GSA and I'm going to shop around for a policy for Suzy and the Honda (I'm thinking of selling the VFR anyway. It's a shame. It's a mint bike and only got used 3 times last year. VFR anyone??)

The general plan over the next 12 months is to try not to use the new policy :augie

Thanks again guys for the feedback.

Ken.

You have to haggle....It works

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The above comment is why I am interested in hooking up with a company that gives good support in the event of a claim.

I am currently with Bennetts. Every year they take the piss with the renewal quote. This year has been no different and amazingly the price has come right down again when I informed them that I would not be renewing the policy.

I had a claim with Bennetts last year when the bike slipped on some oil/grease/diesel on a left hander. The claim was dealt with with the minimum of fuss or input from me. BMW assist picked the bike up and dropped it at the dealer (Williams) and a week or two later the bike was all shiny again. So the service from Bennetts is good but every year they try it on with a price hike. Well this time they have shot themselves in the foot because I have changed to BMW Motorrad insurance for the GSA and I'm going to shop around for a policy for Suzy and the Honda (I'm thinking of selling the VFR anyway. It's a shame. It's a mint bike and only got used 3 times last year. VFR anyone??)

The general plan over the next 12 months is to try not to use the new policy :augie

Thanks again guys for the feedback.

Ken.

Before you renew next year, try Tesco Motorcycle Compare. It says it doesn't do multi bike, but they do. I was with E Bike until a couple of years ago when they got the payment wrong and I was without insurance for a week. I did not even know. Now with A Quote (Norwich Union) - Renewal in April, see what they can do with a 2008 GS1200, 1975 R90S and a Honda ST70.... Hopefully the VFR wil be sold by then.......

Before you renew next year, try Tesco Motorcycle Compare. It says it doesn't do multi bike, but they do. I was with E Bike until a couple of years ago when they got the payment wrong and I was without insurance for a week. I did not even know. Now with A Quote (Norwich Union) - Renewal in April, see what they can do with a 2008 GS1200, 1975 R90S and a Honda ST70.... Hopefully the VFR wil be sold by then.......

Funnily enough, I've just been on the Tesco site before coming back to read this. I've already insured the GSA with BMW Motorrad but by using the Tesco compare table I've managed to get a very good price on a policy for the DRZ.

Exactly the same issue. Pushed up my premiums following a no fault incident until the case was settled. They said would be refunded once it was sorted in my favour. Needless to say once I contacted them about a refund, they do not respond to any calls or emails. They have lost my bikes and will lose the car insurance this year.

+2.
Partner had a hard job settling a claim with eVan following an accident (not her fault), plus they make it awkward to speak to anyone - if I have a claim I'd much rather discuss it over the phone than via email, but egroup discourage customers from phoning them by the simple expedient of making it difficult to find their phone number (IIRC).

I wouldn't piss on an egroup insurance certificate if it was on fire.

99% of insurance companies offer piss poor service and rip off prices because they have you over a barrel. The only good policy is one you don't need because when you do need them they will all squirm out of it every single way they can instead of honouring the policy. Even if you have protected NCB your premium will shoot through the roof, even if you are not at fault.

My latest delemma was going to tax my bike on the DVLA website but it comes up as not insured, I called my insurance and they said Oh yes it was, I noted that they never sent me a cert for this particular bike and after 2 weeks still havn't got one so can't tax it.... Now they say their computer won't print out any documents as the policy is due for renewal on 10th March. I've paid my money and cant tax my bike as I have no proof of it being insured - tw4ts The tw4ats never even sent aremnewal quatation so I will be shopping elsewhere.

ALL insurance companies are useless, remember that and don't expect any kind of service and you won't be so disapointed.

Right, breath out and go for a nip:rob

I went with ebike last year and recommended their cheap prices to two mates, each of which now have a 2 bike policy with them. Had my first bike accident in June (stationary at a junction and car hit me from behind).
Tried to see if ebike would sort my bike as I was fully comp.... NO... put me in touch with one of those "sue yer arse off" claim companies. I told them I wanted them to fix my bike but I didn't want to use their lawyer for any personal injury claim, would this be a problem.... young guy on the phone said he'd call me back in 10 minutes....... that was in June and I'm still waiting to hear from him.
The car driver's insurer phoned me the same day... arranged the repair of my bike and fixed it. They even agreed a personal injury claim which was paid within 5 weeks of the accident.
I informed ebike a month after the accident of the outcome and they agreed that it was a non fault accident, I had not claimed off my policy and my bonus was protected. I was disappointed they would NOT offer to fix my bike, if it is a non fault accident, rather than them pay out and reclaim their costs from the other party, they just put you onto a claims company who stick the arm in.
I then decided to leave ebike and go elsewhere..... £75 to CANCEL my policy :eek::eek:
:confused::confused:
So I am stuck with them. I am up for renewal in 4 weeks.... I went online last week and checked my policy details. They have me logged on their site as having claimed off my insurance and the accident was MY fault. I couldn't sort it by email, nor telephone calls to their customer services.... I was promised an email to confirm when they have accepted that I am not at fault and corrected the mistake.... it looks like they have changed the mistake on the policy details now, but haven't bothered to email and confirm this to me. Renewal was to be calculated today and I expect it within a day or two.....
I don't care if they offer me free insurance... I will NOT be renewing with ebike. Stay away from them, they are crap!

I went with ebike last year and recommended their cheap prices to two mates, each of which now have a 2 bike policy with them. Had my first bike accident in June (stationary at a junction and car hit me from behind).
Tried to see if ebike would sort my bike as I was fully comp.... NO... put me in touch with one of those "sue yer arse off" claim companies. I told them I wanted them to fix my bike but I didn't want to use their lawyer for any personal injury claim, would this be a problem.... young guy on the phone said he'd call me back in 10 minutes....... that was in June and I'm still waiting to hear from him.
The car driver's insurer phoned me the same day... arranged the repair of my bike and fixed it. They even agreed a personal injury claim which was paid within 5 weeks of the accident.
I informed ebike a month after the accident of the outcome and they agreed that it was a non fault accident, I had not claimed off my policy and my bonus was protected. I was disappointed they would NOT offer to fix my bike, if it is a non fault accident, rather than them pay out and reclaim their costs from the other party, they just put you onto a claims company who stick the arm in.
I then decided to leave ebike and go elsewhere..... £75 to CANCEL my policy :eek::eek:
:confused::confused:
So I am stuck with them. I am up for renewal in 4 weeks.... I went online last week and checked my policy details. They have me logged on their site as having claimed off my insurance and the accident was MY fault. I couldn't sort it by email, nor telephone calls to their customer services.... I was promised an email to confirm when they have accepted that I am not at fault and corrected the mistake.... it looks like they have changed the mistake on the policy details now, but haven't bothered to email and confirm this to me. Renewal was to be calculated today and I expect it within a day or two.....
I don't care if they offer me free insurance... I will NOT be renewing with ebike. Stay away from them, they are crap!

Lots of bad feedback for eBike then. Including that on the internet comparison sites. I think I'll be giving them I wide berth.

99% of insurance companies offer piss poor service and rip off prices because they have you over a barrel. The only good policy is one you don't need because when you do need them they will all squirm out of it every single way they can instead of honouring the policy. Even if you have protected NCB your premium will shoot through the roof, even if you are not at fault.

My latest delemma was going to tax my bike on the DVLA website but it comes up as not insured, I called my insurance and they said Oh yes it was, I noted that they never sent me a cert for this particular bike and after 2 weeks still havn't got one so can't tax it.... Now they say their computer won't print out any documents as the policy is due for renewal on 10th March. I've paid my money and cant tax my bike as I have no proof of it being insured - tw4ts The tw4ats never even sent aremnewal quatation so I will be shopping elsewhere.

ALL insurance companies are useless, remember that and don't expect any kind of service and you won't be so disapointed.

Right, breath out and go for a nip:rob

W@nkers! :mad:

Best Price

Hi Chaps,

I have just insure both of my bikes fully comp. with all the bells & whistles breakdown cover, UK & Europe and I can ride any other bike under the same policy even on a track day, with BMW Motorrad. £260
R1200RT
F800GS

Cheers,
Noel

Will give them a go.....Now I have age on my side.......

Hi Chaps,

I have just insure both of my bikes fully comp. with all the bells & whistles breakdown cover, UK & Europe and I can ride any other bike under the same policy even on a track day, with BMW Motorrad. £260
R1200RT
F800GS

Cheers,
Noel

Thanks Noel

Will give them a go

Regards

Nigel

carole nash £255 fully comp for the 1150 gs moto guzzi lemans and honda cbr600 with breakdown cover no problem adding bikes don,t know about clames thankfully:aidan

carole nash £255 fully comp for the 1150 gs moto guzzi lemans and honda cbr600 with breakdown cover no problem adding bikes don,t know about clames thankfully:aidan

Good price mate,

I bet you have loads of no claims bonus. I have only have 2 yrs on the RT and none on the GS. I wished that I could have brought all of my NCB from South Africa.
My brother raves about Carol Nash.
I think the best thing about Carol Nash is the tarts, I mean Ladies, that they have on their stand at the bike shows. :D

Cheers,
Noel

Mine's with Surety aka Adelaide
Multibike
R1150 GS and Tiger 1050 premium £131 fully comp and business use (with IAM qualification) they always come out well in RiDE Surveys and have been fine for the last few years with me

Back
Top Bottom