RTTW 2010 - 2nd October

This section seems to get a lot of views and no answers lol... I'm thinking i should boost my chances of a reply by riding backwards

A few of us are going again too!

Great experience last year and wouldn't want to miss it....

I have registered and so has my wingman

All,

I just sent a mail about this to the mods before checking to see if anyone else had already posted :blast

As I wanted to post about this (as you describe) 100% worthwhile cause / ride.

My registration is in, as is BATFINK's (I believe) so the numbers are growing (slowly).....

Is there anyway this can be moved by the 'mods' to gain greater visibility???

Cheers

Warren

I'll be there.

Really poignant event & there's an evening function too this year if anyone wants to stay a little longer.

:)

Just Received The Document Below

If you came last year you may find that there are a few changes this year. The camping area is in a different place(Details on camping for the 2 nights are on the website) and we are giving priority parking to you , the people who have pre registered, hence the green sticker we sent you.

Put the green sticker on your headlight BEFORE YOU GET TO THE START AT DRAYTON MANOR.

The parking team will place any non-stickered bikes into a different parking zone to the stickered ones and they will not be able to re integrate into the group.

If you wish to ride alongside your friends, please arrive with them and make sure they have a green sticker too, because it will not be possible to change position in the line-up once at the assembly point.

As we cannot guarantee good weather (we have been very lucky the last two years) please remember to bring a ‘puck’ or something to put under your side-stand when you park

Please also follow the marshals instructions during the event; we aren’t paying them & they’re all willing volunteers who want to enjoy themselves, too. There is a 5 MPH speed limit at Drayton Manor and the National Memorial Arboretum and we ask that you observe this.

We will start receiving participants 07.00hrs on Saturday 2nd October. Refreshments and toilet facilities will be available.

Ensure you arrive IN PLENTY of TIME. Please plan to arrive no later than 10.30hrs or you will actually cause issues both in Fazeley and Drayton Manor Park because the exit and entry are on the same road.

Unfortunately you may have to wait around for long periods of time at Drayton Manor and the NMA. There is nothing we can do about this due to the number of bikes taking part, so please be patient and savour the atmosphere.

Timeline

Friday

Camping from 18:00hrs

There will be food and beverages available to purchase in a dedicated area near the campsite

Saturday

Food available from 07:00hrs. For those not already registered the team will also be available . It will be £10 on the day , same as last year.

Merchandise will also be available in the morning

Ride begins to depart at 11:00hrs.

Order of Events at the NMA to follow

Evening function at Drayton Manor marquee from 19:00hrs

Food and a bar will be available at this time also

Thanks again for participating in RTTW

The RTTW Team

Update #2

If you haven't pre-registered, now is the time to do it :thumb

Dear Participant.

This is the second of 3 updates I promised to send. Things are moving on a pace so I encourage you to check out the website as well for those last minute notices.

The whole front page is devoted to RTTW for 2010.

Registration/Merchandise

We will stop accepting Postal requests after 25/9 (so post by 22/9) and online registrations on 26/9. Registrations & Merchandise received by 26/9 will be posted to arrive before 2/10 (Subject of course to Post Office delivery). If ordered after this date then it will not be posted until after RTTW. Full Registration and Merchandise will be available at Drayton Manor on the day.

Green Sticker

Because you registered to ride you should have received a green sticker for priority parking. It seems however that some people have mislaid theirs. If you do not have it then please contact Brian Andrews Merchandise/Distribution Manager (Under 'Contact Us' on the website) or alternatively myself . Remember to put the green sticker on your headlight BEFORE YOU GET TO THE START AT DRAYTON MANOR.

Speed Limits

Drayton Manor is 5 MPH. The ride will be 40 MPH and the NMA is 5 MPH. Please observe these.

Please , Ride with Respect, not to impress.

Drayton Manor

We will start receiving participants from 07.00 hrs on Saturday 2nd October. Refreshments and toilet facilities will be available (Full information will be on the website). Ensure you arrive IN PLENTY of TIME. Please plan to arrive no later than 10.00 hrs or you will actually cause issues both in Fazeley and Drayton Manor Park, because the exit and entry are on the same road.

Parking

We are now able to park around the Wall at the National Memorial Arboretum as well as other areas on the site. If you wish to leave early ask the Marshalls at the NMA to direct you to the Haulage Yard (It is down the road from the NMA) so you do not disturb others.

Cars / 4 wheeled vehicles

There will be a Park & Ride to the NMA. No cars other than authorised vehicles will be allowed on site. The Park & Ride is free and is situated at Catton Hall. There will be signs showing you where to go, toilet facilities will be available there also. If you can use the A513 from Tamworth you'll not get caught up in the ride itself as that comes from the A38 onto the A513.

Timeline

We are just completing this and I hope to have it finalised for the 3rd Update. It will be on the website also.

I am signed up for this along with an KTM rider friend - possible tosser:augie

Booked into the Drayton Manor campsite both Fri & Sat. Looking forward to remembering our fallen.....

Graeme;)

RTTW - Last Message

Last message before next weekends event......

Graeme;)

Dear Participant

Thank you for registering for Ride to the Wall.

Detailed below is the information I have for the day. This will be added to the website (Front page , Main information for the day ) as will any last minute news so please keep checking the website regularly.

Registration/Merchandise

Full registration and Merchandise will be available at Drayton Manor on the day.

Green Sticker

Did I mention to put the green sticker on your headlight BEFORE YOU GET TO THE START AT DRAYTON MANOR.

Speed Limits

Drayton Manor is 5MPH . The ride will be 40 MPH and the National Memorial Arboretum is 5MPH . Please observe these.

Please , Ride with Respect – Not to impress

Drayton Manor

We will start receiving participants at 07.00 hrs. Ensure you arrive IN PLENTY of TIME. Please plan to arrive no later than 10.00 hrs or you will actually cause issues both in Fazeley and Drayton Manor Park because the exit and entry are on the same road.

Flag bearers

Please make yourself known to the Marshalls at Drayton manor BEFORE going into the parking area so you can be directed to the Flag area.

Cars

Drayton Manor - No cars will be allowed in the Bike Area and must park in the other car parks at the Theme Park. Please remember that the Theme Park is open to customers on 2nd October

NMA - There will be a Park & Ride to the National Memorial Arboretum from 8:45. No cars other than authorised vehicles will be allowed on site. The Park & Ride is free and situated at Catton Hall. There will be yellow signs showing you where to go, toilet facilities will be available there also. If you can use the A513 from Tamworth you'll not get caught up in the ride itself as that comes from the A38 onto the A513.

Blue Badge holders to go to Park & Ride, where specially adapted buses will be used.

Toilets

There are 3 toilet blocks within an easy Walk at Drayton Manor. The NMA have arranged extra toilet facilities for the day also.

Wreaths

If you ordered one from the NMA these can be collected from the large Marquee at the Arboretum.

If you wish to order one direct then you'll need to contact Lyn at the Arboretum to discuss and place the order. She can be contacted on Telephone 01283 792333.

Parking at the NMA

This year we can use the area around the Wall itself to park on. Please follow the directions of the marshals.

If you don't want to stay for long please use the Haulage Yard Car park, ask the Arboretum marshal's to point you in the direction (it's down the road from the Arboretum). I'm told there should be a Burger van there also .

Food

Drayton Manor has a dedicated food outlet for RTTW . Details will be on the website.

The NMA will have 3 extra concession outlets to supplement their restaurant facility.

Access to the Wall

The NMA ask that you use the access steps or walkway to access the Wall. Please do not use the grass slope

Smoking

Sorry but the NMA is a non-smoking area.
The NMA point out that many 'Fag ends' were left in the Armed Forces Memorial last year.

Programme - This will be available as a download from the Website

Friday 1/10/2010

1800 hrs Camping at Drayton Manor (Please book directly)

We have arranged for Food and Bar facilities to be available within the grounds close to the camping area

Saturday 2/10/2010

Drayton Manor

0700 hrs - Site opens for arrivals- Put the green sticker on your headlight BEFORE YOU GET TO THE START AT DRAYTON MANOR.

Please observe the marshals who are all volunteers and whose aim is to get you parked in the correct area safely.

The parking team will place any non-stickered bikes into a different parking zone to the stickered ones and they will not be able to re integrate into the group.

If you wish to ride alongside your friends, please arrive with them and make sure they have a green sticker too (last day to do this is today, Saturday 25th ) because it will not be possible to change position in the line-up once at the assembly point.

There is a 5 MPH speed limit at Drayton Manor and we ask that you observe this.

0730 hrs - Breakfast Service available until 1100 hrs

Registration opens. Registration on site will be £10

Merchandise opens

1000 hrs - Please get to Drayton Manor before this time ready for leaving (and it gives you time for a toilet break/ drink etc )

1030 hrs - Prepare to depart

1100 hrs - Ride begins to leave for the National Memorial Arboretum

The Ride to the Wall

Joining the ride this year are Margaret and Tony Boote of Birkenhead, the parents of Corporal Steven Boote, who was killed in Nad e-Ali, Afghanistan in November 2009. They have honoured his plans to customise his beloved BMW motorcycle into a trike and they will ride it together to honour his memory. A team of uniformed Royal Military Police outriders will accompany them on the ride

In Fazeley you will see children waving coloured flags. As part of the ongoing engagement of the local community in Ride To The Wall two local schools Longwood and Millfield have incorporated Ride to The Wall 2010 in the their school curriculum as part of Key stage 1-4 History, English and Citizenship. Ride To The Wall donated patterned blank waving flags for the children to colour in during their class work and to bring on October the 2nd to wave as the cavalcade of motorcycles rides through their community on the way to the service of Remembrance at the NMA.

NMA - Order of Events

1130 - First Bikes arrive at the NMA

Please observe the marshals who are all volunteers and whose aim is to get you parked at the NMA safely .

There is a 5 MPH speed limit at National Memorial Arboretum and we ask that you observe this.

1300 – 1400 hrs - Prince of Wales Division Band- They will March to the Wall just before the service

1425 hrs - Pipers

1430 hrs - Flypast- Details TBC

1435 hrs - Short address by our Patron

1440 hrs - Service conducted by Dave Cooper

1450 hrs - Short passage read by Mia Felton, wife of Brigadier Felton, Commander of Task Force Helmand, Afghanistan.

1455 - hrs Last post

1500 hrs - Wreath laying led by Our Patron , Founder and Mia Felton, who will be laying a wreath from Helmand Province , Afghanistan.

Drayton Manor

1700 hrs - Tea time service from Barbeque service / poss. Curry etc

Bar service from 1700 – 2300 t.b.c

1900 hrs - Evening event with live music from Dementia

Harley Davidson have supplied some jackets to auction on Saturday night to raise more money for the cause.

Sunday 3/10/2010

0800 hrs - Breakfast service until 1100 hrs at Drayton Manor

Do you have a question about RTTW that has not been answered?

If so please drop me an e mail so I can find the answer and let everyone know. You can bet someone else is probably thinking it as well.

Thanks again

Dave & all of the RTTW Team

Any riders from Rugby / Northampton area

Are there any Tossers from the Northampton / Rugby areas going to this other than myself?

I have posted a link on the www.rttw.org site but it doesn't seem to be that busy considering there is an anticipated 5000+ bikes....:eek:

Essentially I am trying to find out who from this area(ish) is going - if any......and if you are is there room for another rider? Or, if you are going but not already in a group, let me know if you want to ride up with me....

Intention is to take the A5 all the way up from Rugby - nice enough ride and avoids Mways :thumb. Aiming to get there for early doors Saturday morning.

Let me know if you are interested.

WB

Well - it's tomorrow!

Hope it brightens up a bit. It did last year!

Oh and bump.....

:thumb2

:aidan

well I can see clear sky up there this morning.........it looks like lady luck will shine for those at RTTW.

Ride safe to all those who are going! And many many thanks to all those that have worked hard to organise such a day :bow

WB

Thank You

Just returned after what can only be described as a 'humbling' day out!

The sheer number of rides and pillion passengers was amazing - from me, thanks to all those who organised it, and to all those who rode hundreds of miles to show their support and pay their respects.

Yours Aye

WB:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom