Dawn till Dusk ...

Tiffany

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had some info about this event at the BMF (Kylie and I are hopefully entering an all-female team)
however someone took my copy of the info away - can't seem to find it on the Web - and yes, I have looked.

Does anyone else know where I can find it on the Web??
Also anyone else thinking of going?? It sounds like it will be a great event to go to.
I know Dark Horse said he might be going and also a couple of others who were at the BMF.

:moped:

12 hours enduro around the BMW Off-Road track in South Wales, the August Bank Holiday weekend.
a social event with camping and bars - what more can we ask for?:beerjug:

Tiff,
You could try getting in touch with Si Melber at Trail bike and enduro magazine, I think he organises the D to D. Sorry I dont have a copy of the mag with me at work so I cant give you a number. But the address is

Editorial Address: TBM PO Box 9845, London W13 9WP

I sure some kind GSer will dig the number out for you:D

Speak to Nick Plumb at Touratech (BWM Off Road Instructor).

Tiff,

Bob Jeffries may well have info on this event, look up his address on this this site.

As its not far me, your more than welcome to drop in for tea.

It rhymes to.

PW

P.S Where' me shirt?

I hope you're not intending to try this event on a GS ???It is only for pukka enduro tools . It is a tough course, more like a MX course than a trail bike course.Some sections are bl**dy hard and technical.
Just my two pennorth.

Marcus

ps, how do I know this.......I entered last year.

Bob Jeffries is organising a GS friendly "enduro event" for later in the year.

Quote from a thread on the Beakchat and Bollox:
"Today me and my mate (on a KTM 950) went out to recce and get a GPS track log of the course for a GS friendly event we are organising in October (The Cambrian Rally)."

I believe that GSs do enter the Dawn to Dusk............

Proper bike riding

Marcus Shurvinton said:
I hope you're not intending to try this event on a GS ???It is only for pukka enduro tools . It is a tough course, more like a MX course than a trail bike course.Some sections are bl**dy hard and technical.
Just my two pennorth.

Marcus

ps, how do I know this.......I entered last year.

Does that mean you will be taking part again this year??

I HAD heard that I would be well advised to get a more suitable bike to ride for the event -so I am in the process of trying to borrow one - not sure how I will cope though, as Thlma is the only bike I have ever ridden.

Thanks for all the info from the rest of you.

See you there

Hi there

I have already entered and have received confirmation that my entry has been accepted from them. I downloaded the details and entry form from www.enduronews.com

It costs £70 per rider. No racing licence required. Moto-X tyres accepted. You can ride 'Ironman' or team up with someone else. You'd better be quick because they said that entries were coming in fast.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Dave Halsall
07932-602-372

whoops!

I was too late -Kylie emailed me before I saw this last post and said they were over-subscribed - it's a shame.

just been at the Horizons Unlimited meet in Derbyshire for the weekend -yes that was my reason for not going to Hog Roast - anyway, I did the off-road. Had some nagging along the way from a KTM rider (I think it's supposed to be called, helpful advice).
BUT- why has no-one ever told me that I should take those rubber bits off the foot pegs when I'm off-roading???
Standing up is a bit easier now.
The rider then took Thelma up and down one of the tricky bits (after I had done it successfully) and is now conceding that actually the GS is a good bike.:D

now- that CAmbrian thingy - what is that like??

now- that CAmbrian thingy - what is that like??

Its doable,

Recommend you get in touch with Bob Jeffries who is a menber of the GS club.

I think it's changed location this year due to MOD restrictions on Epynt.

But be quick cos the entry fills up real quick.

Back
Top Bottom