Tossers-in-the-Tejeda III - 2nd-9th October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
IMG_0302.jpg

The Reservación Nacional de Sierra de Tejeda is a Spanish National Park in Andalucia about the size of an English county. It offers mile after mile of both easy and difficult trail riding. The Tejeda is used by a number of British organisations for trail riding including Trailblazers, Andalucian Trail Tours and Redtread.

For the 3rd time, I'm going to take a week down there in October and I invite like-minded people to join me.

It'll work something like this:

• I have rented a big villa in Competa, Andalucia. The villa sleeps 16 but I am limiting the accomodation to just 11 riders
  • You'll need a lightweight trail bike
  • Bikes will be professionally transported from a UK pick-up point to the villa in time for your arrival. At the end of the week they will be transported back to the same RV point. You will need to get your bike to and from the RV point at the designated times.
  • Riding gear can probably be transported in the truck.
  • You fly to Malaga to arrive on the morning of Saturday 2 October. We'll sort out transport to/from the villa (about 40 miles away)
  • At the villa you'll share a room with one other person. 10 people will share the three bathrooms (one room, mine(!!), has en-suite).
  • You'll get fed and watered 3 times a day - breakfast, tapas after the day's ride and dinner in the evening. Catering will be done by local staff that I have hired.
  • Should any of you wish to partake of alcohol, you buy your own
  • You ride wherever and whenever you want, but I'll be out on the trails each day.
  • On afternoon of Saturday 9th October you fly home from Malaga

I haven't finalised the costs yet, but it's going to work out around £650 per person. What's included;

• Bike transport
  • Airport transfers
  • Villa rental including linen and towels
  • All food

What's NOT included:

• Flights
  • Luggage transport might cost extra - depends on the deal I can cut
  • Alcohol
  • Insurances

Last year's ride report is here (although the bike transport and catering arrangements are different). I have booked the same villa.

I already have a number of confirmed riders and would be interested in hearing from anybody else who wishes to join this trip. PMs please.

Greg

How lightweight is light........................XChallenge ok?? Yes or No?

Yes, I'm sure that'd be fine.

But there is at least one trail that most of the lads failed on with KTM EXC etc. That said, Timolgra cruised up on his 640.

Greg

Now just 5 places left.

Luggage (one big bag) will be carried free by the shipping company (see first post).

Greg

Price is finalised at £645 per head.

Bike transport will include the carriage of one holdall per rider.

Transfers between airport and villa will be by local 14-seater minibus.

Just now one place available.

Greg

Yes, I'm sure that'd be fine.

But there is at least one trail that most of the lads failed on with KTM EXC etc. That said, Timolgra cruised up on his 640.

Greg

Why thank you kind Sir, but I didn't attempt the stairs on it:D

what take your bike up to bed ? seems the only question left is easyjet or ryanair? my wife wasn,t so impressed but i was, looking forward to the adventure:augie:augie

what take your bike up to bed ? seems the only question left is easyjet or ryanair? my wife wasn,t so impressed but i was, looking forward to the adventure:augie:augie

Not sure where you'll be flying from (Stanstead??), but any that will get you to Malaga by midday on 2 Oct and fly you home in the afternoon of 9th will be fine.

Greg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQ8VvZAreeQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=es_ES&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQ8VvZAreeQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=es_ES&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Final place still available.

Greg

if only I still had my ktm I would have had the last place, that's assuming phil hasn't taken it.

Dave

Its a great trip, you know it makes sense, a whole week of riding and drinking.

Just go and buy one you can always sell it after.

Phil might sell his to you :augie

Previous pictures look too good. Place still available?

I don't have a bike for it yet, but I'm off work that week so ...

Hi Greg,
I am John's (paintman) bro, I have a 08 450 exc and although not expert on it. I ride at enduroland.co.uk and spent my educational years in sand pits on trial bikes and scramblers. Anyway I would like to come on the trip with you, hopfully the pick up point is in the south, I live near Toddington on the M1 J12.
If you are ok with this let me know what i need to bring in way of levers and tubes etc.
Thanks Roger

Hi Greg,
I am John's (paintman) bro, I have a 08 450 exc and although not expert on it. I ride at enduroland.co.uk and spent my educational years in sand pits on trial bikes and scramblers. Anyway I would like to come on the trip with you, hopfully the pick up point is in the south, I live near Toddington on the M1 J12.
If you are ok with this let me know what i need to bring in way of levers and tubes etc.
Thanks Roger

Roger,

PM to John on its way.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom