Hospice Ride out Carrickfergus Up East Antrim Coast 11th of April 2010

DrFarkoff

Grumpy Ole Git!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Aidan or Chooned could you sticky this please?

Quayvipers are running thier Ride out For the NI childrens hospice on Sunday the 11th of April 2010

We're hoping to have a raised awareness this year and an Event free Ride

It's Extremely hard to organise so many bikes on the road at any one time and to Marshall and keep it moving

So If you have friends or relatives in the area Please let them know about this so that we don't spoil thier day out (due to the traffic situation 1000 bikes take a while to pass) and so they don't get pissed with us when we're trying to do fundraiser for a good cause

If any of you would like to help Please Let me or DC (as on the poster) know

Cheers All

hospiceflyer10.jpg

NI Hospice Link

About the Kids

For the Kids We thank the Outriders for Thier efforts in these vids below made the kids day! I understand it made them feel like Pop Stars and presidents! In all honesty unlikely that they would ever become!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PcXlF0cVbQI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PcXlF0cVbQI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1He4Z55Zue8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1He4Z55Zue8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Some of these wee souls are no longer with us :rose

Last years Photo Album is HERE

hospice09a.jpg

DC arriving

100_2751.jpg

Some of the Kids in no particular order

100_2820.jpg

100_2822.jpg

100_2837.jpg

P4193550.jpg

People from all over come to Give and to participate

P4193601.jpg

P4193616.jpg

Northern Ireland Hospice Fundraiser

Link to Ireland section of forum for the post

HERE

Please check to see if you can attend or contribute

Just Refreshing this to peoples attention again

Some of our hooligans that gave up thier day and many others to organise and bring this event to fruition many others were setting up barriers and sorting collection of entrance fees and guiding folks off the road

IMG_2608.jpg

All sort of folks come to the event

100_2850.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

100_2832.jpg

100_2854.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

Some of the Hospice Kids I believe the Limos were donated for the day

IMG_2611.jpg

P4193571.jpg

Mr Jones and U105 Radio(listen), were hard at work with the Hospice workers

P4153418.jpg

P4153419.jpg

P4193635.jpg

P4193637.jpg

P4193650.jpg

P4193655.jpg

and for all that hard work He gets a Backkie

P4193737.jpg

This is just the Folks lined up to see the bikes on thier way

P4193661.jpg

P4193690.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2768.jpg

Bikes were still arriving as they set off I was on the road at the entrance Damn was it busy and noisy

Ya couldn't beat it for atmosphere

P4193669.jpg

I had the delightful job of guiding folks onto the road

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

Big Thanks to the PSNI without thier support and guidance we couldn;t do it

100_2884.jpg

P4193680.jpg

P4193686.jpg

It didn't go very fast until we cleared Larne but Hey was it a beautful day

P4193706.jpg

P4193721.jpg

The Whole point for the day is this

QVMCC £7,000.00 Cheque Presentation to NI Childrens Hospice May 2009
Georeg%20+%20Quay%20Vipers.jpg

Georeg%20Jones%202.jpg

P5130072.jpg

Quay%20Vipers%20Hospice%20Cheque.jpg

So folks it's not about being bad ass bikers or commuters or rice burners or world travellers or scooter riders or whatever or wherever you hail from

It's about the Northern ireland Hospice and particularly the Kids

If you would like to attend or to assist in some way?? Please PM me and I'll pass on your info or offers

If you have items that would be suitable donations for the raffle entry at the end of the day

Your £5 ticket is your entry there is no extra cost

MORE TO FOLLOW

Raffle prizes to date

BALLOT PRIZE LIST TO DATE.

PROVINCE WIDE HARLEY DAVIDSON.............. 24 HOUR FREE HIRE ON ANY Harley Davidson

T7 HONDA...............................................ARASHI HELMET

HEIN GERICKE BELFAST..............................2 X POLO SHIRTS (40TH ANNIVERSARY)

HEIN GERICKE NEWRY.................................£20.00 VOUCHER

MOTO STYLE BELFAST...............................DAINESE TEE SHIRT

GEOFF KERNAHAN........................................CABERG HELMET

HALFWAY HOUSE LARNE..............................MEAL VOUCHER

KNOCKAGH LODGE......................................MEAL FOR TWO

CARRICKFERGUS GOLF CLUB........................GREEN FEES FOR FOUR

ERNIE COATES..........................................EMERGENCY FOOT PUMP

CLARION HOTEL CARRICK.............................SUNDAY CARVERY FOR TWO

CHARLES HURST BELFAST.............................POLO SHIRT + HURST / YAMAHA FLEECE + YAMAHA FLEECE

BELFAST HONDA MOTORCYCLES....................RETURN TRIP TO SCOTLAND ( 1 BIKE AND RIDER )

BELFAST SKINWORKS..................................£50.00 VOUCHER

MISC.........

1:18 SCALE.............................................MODEL TRIUMPH 02 TROPHY

1:18 SCALE.............................................MODEL TRIUMPH 02 SPRINT

COMBINATION TOOL KIT

GLOVES

Please see updated information in the original post here LINKY

Sorry if you have to scroll down past the pics, I have updated it Including the List of Raffle prizes which have been donated

Here's a shortcut to look at the Raffle prizes

Here's a shortcut to the handing over of the £7000 Cheque

If you attend the event and pay your £5 bike entry fee then you are entitled to entry to the raffle on return to the Carrickfergus Rugby Club you will get your tickets, when you pay along with a map of the route. :D

Thumbs up Jaythro :thumb2

Fantastic event for a very very deserving charity!!

Massive thanks to all event organisers, participants and sponsers :aidan

Thanks for the positive response Paul

Hope you're able to attend and bring a few folks with you

If not and you wish to contribute there's a liink on my sig line

It doesn't matter if it's £2.00 or £200 all of it goes to the Hospice

Cheers and Ride Safe!

Good luck with this Jay. It must be a massive undertaking to organise and run an event on that scale. :eek

All being well my bike will be gone by then so I won't make the run, but I wish you well. :thumb2

Good luck with this Jay. It must be a massive undertaking to organise and run an event on that scale. :eek
Thankfully Aidan I am just helping Davey Cunningham is the Lynch Pin on this Run with a very able team of helpers and co ordinators and a vast majority of the Vipers turn out to meetings and Events to try and promote and run the event safely

All being well my bike will be gone by then so I won't make the run, but I wish you well. :thumb2
In that case Sir may One guide One to the link below Should Sir like to stick a Fiver in the Kitty sort of as a "Ghost Bike"

All towaards a local Charity all offerings will be gratefully rec'd :D :D :D

Gwan Gwan Gwan

mrsdoyle.jpg

Yawiil Yawill Yawill

????????????????

Our Just Giving account is looking quite good

<table class="frp-totals" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th>* Total raised online:</th> <td>£135.00</td> </tr> <tr> <th> Offline donations:</th> <td>£0.00</td> </tr> <tr> <th> Gift Aid plus supplement:</th> <td>£36.67</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
.....................£171.67...............
:clap :clap :clap :clap
If you want to contribute a couple of quid to the hospice
I am sure any and all of it will be gratefully recieved

:aidan

Any More bodies going to come visit and help with Donations and support the Childrens hospice on our Annual Hospice ride out???

It's for the Kids

Even come and watch and stick a couple of pounds in the bucket

If you can't make it but wish to contribute a prize for our after run ballot

Please contact Davey Cunnigham aka DC on 07889 313 506

If you wish to make a money donations we have an online facility that all of your money will go to the charity PLUS Gift aid So your £10 donation will turn into £11.90 (ish) Our account is http://www.justgiving.com/Quay-VipersMCC

I've been a bit surprised that a few more tossers haven't made any comment or particpated in the thread in this section

I'm going to shake our collection tin again the event happens next week and the Kids are supposed to be coming to the Clarion and the Brothers of the Third Wheel are bringing trikes and the Police Outriders are going to do thier best to make the Kids feel like Rock Stars for an afternoon

So please Folks if you have a couple of pounds spare for the Hospice would you please go to http://www.justgiving.com/Quay-VipersMCC

Yeah I know it's not as romantic or exciting as the Gambian trip or any of that sort of thing But Its' home turf and I know that there's no Flambouyant trips, or Ride reports to get the juices flowing But the Up side is there is no excessive expenditure to lower our totals whatever we get goes to the hospice
Just a Simple Annual Run hopefully with A Good day for the Kids and a safe return for all participants with the bonus of some nice prizes for our raffle at the finish

It's not often I get passionate about something but seeing the kids coming in on the trikes was fantastic !!! Those videos are at the begining of post 2 here

Please have a look and tell me you're not moved!

All of the outlay the limos etc etc are donated for the day

If you make it to the Run and hand your second part of your ballot ticket in at the Carrick Rugby club you are in for the Raffle /Ballot which is part of your entrance £5 Prizes List Here

I've been a bit surprised that a few more tossers haven't made any comment or particpated in the thread in this section

I'm going to shake our collection tin again the event happens next week and the Kids are supposed to be coming to the Clarion and the Brothers of the Third Wheel are bringing trikes and the Police Outriders are going to do thier best to make the Kids feel like Rock Stars for an afternoon

So please Folks if you have a couple of pounds spare for the Hospice would you please go to http://www.justgiving.com/<wbr>Quay-VipersMCC

Yeah I know it's not as romantic or exciting as the Gambian trip or any of that sort of thing But Its' home turf and I know that there's no Flambouyant trips, or Ride reports to get the juices flowing But the Up side is there is no excessive expenditure to lower our totals whatever we get goes to the hospice
Just a Simple Annual Run hopefully with A Good day for the Kids and a safe return for all participants with the bonus of some nice prizes for our raffle at the finish

It's not often I get passionate about something but seeing the kids coming in on the trikes was fantastic !!! Those videos are at the begining of post 2 here

Please have a look and tell me you're not moved!

All of the outlay the limos etc etc are donated for the day

If you make it to the Run and hand your second part of your ballot ticket in at the Carrick Rugby club you are in for the Raffle /Ballot which is part of your entrance £5 Prizes List Here

Humbled!

2 non Bikers made contributions this morning Signifcantly boosting our totals

<table class="frp-totals" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th>* Total raised online:</th> <td>£205.00</td> </tr> <tr> <th> Offline donations:</th> <td>£0.00</td> </tr> <tr> <th> Gift Aid plus supplement:</th> <td>£56.41</td></tr></tbody></table>
Total £261.41

file
file
file
file
file
file
file
file

Humbled!

2 non Bikers made contributions this morning Signifcantly boosting our totals

<table class="frp-totals" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th>* Total raised online:</th><td>£205.00</td></tr> <tr> <th> Offline donations:</th><td>£0.00</td> </tr> <tr> <th> Gift Aid plus supplement:</th> <td>£56.41</td></tr></tbody></table>
Total £261.41

file
file
file
file
file
file
file
file

Back
Top Bottom