Anywhere with this type of route and (legal) access in UK?

Kaybe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4eGXMXh0yI

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l4eGXMXh0yI&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l4eGXMXh0yI&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That vid is a cracker, literally

Some real damage done there for sure especially when he clipped that rock 1.38 and moved that great big boulder 2.01 ! :thumb

Oh and yes plenty of places in the UK Ask the TRF

great vid

Nice find...
Sarn helen in wales..give that a go..
even liked the music..mike oldfield me thinks..:D
happy days..

great trails under threat... a trail riding buddy tells me the national park have apparently removed the access signs from the GAP...which allow vehicle access for a few weeks spring and autumn, and the police will be mounting an operation to apprehend all law breakers and prosecute them.....

not sure of the exact legal position but the southern end of GAP is subject to a TRO which limits access to the stated periods of time...but the councils and national park now state that the route is a restricted byway, and Gywnne fawr and sarn helen are next!

so very good reason to exact revenge on this government for nerc by sacking them in may.....

Some real damage done there for sure especially when he clipped that rock 1.38 ....

A scratch to the engine protection?:nenau
It's why it's there. It's not meant to protect the bike in a tight squeeze in the supermarket carpark you know.;)

Some buggers have way too much money. :augie

(they werent TK80s he had on also)

The lil bike behind would off passed him ages ago , if the lardy 1200 would of moved out the way.:D

I did my spell of off roading on my 1100, now i have the lil 350.
No need to wreck the 1100 for a bit of dirt thrill.:blast

ugg

Anywhere with this type of route and (legal) access in UK?

There's a few......:augie
I would be very cautious just plotting a route from a mapping website, many routes are tricky enough with a lightweight enduro bike, so a large GS would be almost impossible.
Your best bet is to arrange a trail riding weekend, find a guide who knows the area where you want to visit.
There are ride organised on UKGSER and also on the ADVRIDER site, some are tailered for the larger machines.
Last weekend was an ADVRIDER meet in North Wales, I'm sure there will be another soon.....

Timpo.

Places to ride...

Great video at the start of this thread. The rider should really consider entering the Motorcycling Club's Long Distance Trials - the Exeter, Lands End and Edinburgh if he wants tracks like that in the UK. He's Gold medal standard. Only TKC80s are legal though. Got a Silver at Easter in the Lands End on mine...

Steve.

Attachments

• 100304_0230s.jpg
    100304_0230s.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 95

Back
Top Bottom