Knife Knuckle duster ?

Glyno

Reaction score
Anyone out there who, like me visits the old battlefields.
I came across this nasty piece of work at a local flea market here in Spain recently. Would like to know its origins. It looks as if it was manufactured and has markings on the brass grip....POWELL 18... That means nothing to me. It rolls into a pouch which when unfolded becomes the guard for the back of the hand. It would have been strapped on so as not to be removed easily or dropped. The blade or punch can be locked in or out and is simply operated with the thumb. My thoughts are that its possibly a ww1 trench or tunnelers weapon. Any thoughts ?
Nasty bit a kit though eh :eek:

Attachments

• mis 7 477.jpg
    mis 7 477.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,962
  • mis 7 479.jpg
    mis 7 479.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,698
  • mis 7 476.jpg
    mis 7 476.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 900
it being spain and all that probably the civil war...

plenty of nasty stuff left over from that...:eek:

what ever it is it will fair smart if you got clumped with it:eek:

Imperial War Museum has a few similar weapons. They were issued to SOE. Worth emailing them a few pics for a opinion. What a find!

Imperial War Museum has a few similar weapons. They were issued to SOE. Worth emailing them a few pics for a opinion. What a find!

Thanks for that, was hoping it maybe came from some of our boffins.
Ugly tool I know.... we will see. Let you know anyway. :thumb

Ive flirted the IWM an email..... thanks for the tip :thumb2

nasty knife

in the second world war the british commandos had a thing called a FANNY,it was a knuckle duster with a knife combo.they were isued withit cose they were special forces=special weapons.

Back
Top Bottom