K&N air filter

gavin

Looking at different bits and pieces and accessories for the 1200, can anyone tell me if the air filter is the same as the 1150's?, K&N don't have one listed for the 12 as yet.

I'm not being flippany but just very curious why you would want to put a K&N filter on a brand new bike that has a filter designed solely for that bike.....am I missing something?:confused:

AndyT:rolleyes:

No gavin its not.Very similar in size to the one from the R1100S but don't know if that fits.

I read something somewhere that said the only two parts the new R1200GS shared with the old R1150GS were the aircleaner and the front brake disks. Take that for what it's worth...

There is a K&N air filter available for the 12GS now,- BM-1204.

AndyT said:
I'm not being flippany but just very curious why you would want to put a K&N filter on a brand new bike that has a filter designed solely for that bike.....am I missing something?:confused:

I'm confused too - people say adding a K+N "make the engine breath more freely" but this sounds like a nice way of saying "messing up the mixture".

Anyone got real proof that messing with the air filter (or for that matter removing the cat) actually improves the engine rather than just makes it sound nicer?

I replaced the standard filter with a K&N on my GS after 10,000 miles and ran it on a dyno - it gave 1/2 bhp extra power. Not worth it in my opinion...

Back
Top Bottom