Trail ride Sunday 21st March

Spout

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Meeting at 9.00am Texaco Garage/Somerfield in Marple (junction where A626 heads off to Glossop). Map ref SJ955887. SK6 6DQ. Toilets/food/hot drinks available.

Again probably not suitable for GS twins.

Ay oop Spout :)

I'm up for this and 90% cert I can make it, will be able to confirm by tomorrow evening if that's ok?

Be gentle on me though, I'm no better than when we last met on one of Timpo's rides, probably worse 'cos I'm on a bigger bike this time :blast :D

Andres

Meeting at 9.00am Texaco Garage/Somerfield in Marple (junction where A626 heads off to Glossop). Map ref SJ955887. SK6 6DQ. Toilets/food/hot drinks available.

Again probably not suitable for GS twins.

Can't do this one either. For some reason I got blagged into running the Sport Relief Mile on Sunday morning in Manchester.

Have a good one.

Paul

Billy No Mates Ride Report Sunday 21st.:D

Of the four riders I was going to lead on the ride, none turned up. So I was on my own.

A quick whizz around the Mellor trails to warm myself up, then over to Whalley Bridge, through the Goyt Valley to Tenterhills. There was a “Road Closed” sign at the start of the trail, so I turned around.

I hadn’t ridden the BOAT at Hollinsclough for a while. Not a lot to get excited about, the shallow ford the only highlight. A turn around and then back into the village and over the trails to the top.

I had to get my map out a couple of times trying to retrace the route I'd been led on last month to Hulme End and the back of Ecton. The grassy trail was extra slippy and I had my only encounter with a bad tempered rambler – no words, but that face will haunt me forever! All other walkers etc throughout the day were very polite, no problems.

More map reading and straining of memory cells took me to the grassy climbs at Oldpark and Mere Hills. Good news - 18psi worked a treat. :clap Phew.

I then had to rely wholly on my memory as I’d dropped off the bottom of my map and missed the next couple of trails (maybe?) and arrived in Ashbourne from a different direction. I missed some more trails (I think) until I popped back onto my map at Kniveton and headed along the trail to Tissington Ford to clean my bike.

I missed the Ballidon trails and went straight to Blakemere and Moorlands Lanes. Clough Lane was next where I met up with a couple of lads who were heading for Australia next week for a grand tour on BMW F650 Dakars (they’d been trail riding as training for about a year). Are you on this site lads?

There was no chance of a repetition of my “over the bars” moment on Back Lane out of Darley as we had to follow a 4x4 crawling up it. It was slow going around Beeley aswell - lots of walkers enjoying the good weather.

The Edensor and Pilsley trails followed and then road to Calver (missing out the Hassop trails cos I turned right instead of left :blast). The little climb at Grindleford (that used to cause lots of problems before it was “repaired”) took me to the Stoney Middleton trails, and then into Eyam and over to the Great Hucklow trails.

I then headed for Peak Forest and then nipped over to Royches and headed back to Marple via the usual trails. 6hrs and 120 miles in total.

It’s been a while since I’ve spent a whole day trailling on my own (I only saw 4 others all day) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I’m kinda glad no one turned up to join me!

:thumb

Billy No Mates Ride Report Sunday 21st.:D

Of the four riders I was going to lead on the ride, none turned up. So I was on my own.

A quick whizz around the Mellor trails to warm myself up, then over to Whalley Bridge, through the Goyt Valley to Tenterhills. There was a “Road Closed” sign at the start of the trail, so I turned around.

I hadn’t ridden the BOAT at Hollinsclough for a while. Not a lot to get excited about, the shallow ford the only highlight. A turn around and then back into the village and over the trails to the top.

I had to get my map out a couple of times trying to retrace the route I'd been led on last month to Hulme End and the back of Ecton. The grassy trail was extra slippy and I had my only encounter with a bad tempered rambler – no words, but that face will haunt me forever! All other walkers etc throughout the day were very polite, no problems.

More map reading and straining of memory cells took me to the grassy climbs at Oldpark and Mere Hills. Good news - 18psi worked a treat. :clap Phew.

I then had to rely wholly on my memory as I’d dropped off the bottom of my map and missed the next couple of trails (maybe?) and arrived in Ashbourne from a different direction. I missed some more trails (I think) until I popped back onto my map at Kniveton and headed along the trail to Tissington Ford to clean my bike.

I missed the Ballidon trails and went straight to Blakemere and Moorlands Lanes. Clough Lane was next where I met up with a couple of lads who were heading for Australia next week for a grand tour on BMW F650 Dakars (they’d been trail riding as training for about a year). Are you on this site lads?

There was no chance of a repetition of my “over the bars” moment on Back Lane out of Darley as we had to follow a 4x4 crawling up it. It was slow going around Beeley aswell - lots of walkers enjoying the good weather.

The Edensor and Pilsley trails followed and then road to Calver (missing out the Hassop trails cos I turned right instead of left :blast). The little climb at Grindleford (that used to cause lots of problems before it was “repaired”) took me to the Stoney Middleton trails, and then into Eyam and over to the Great Hucklow trails.

I then headed for Peak Forest and then nipped over to Royches and headed back to Marple via the usual trails. 6hrs and 120 miles in total.

It’s been a while since I’ve spent a whole day trailling on my own (I only saw 4 others all day) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I’m kinda glad no one turned up to join me!

:thumb

That "road closed" sign is always there, think the locals are pulling a crafty to try and stop us going down there. It has been there since the snows in December.

Don't think you will be alone next time:)

Really sorry Spout, hope you got my PM on Sat, didn't have your phone number.

Sounds like you had a good days ride though and hope to meet up soonish (promise to make it too!) :)

Andres

That "road closed" sign is always there, think the locals are pulling a crafty to try and stop us going down there.

A quick revisit sometime over Easter it is then :thumb I've not ridden Tenterhills since I bought my 1150 (it was tough enough going on the Dakar!). Looking forward to an old favourite.

Next weekend is our wedding anniversary - so no trail riding :(

Easter Saturday I'm booked in for a ride over the Gatescarth Pass, so I'll not be able to organise another Peaks ride until the weekend of 10th or 11th April. I'll post details nearer the date.

A quick revisit sometime over Easter it is then :thumb I've not ridden Tenterhills since I bought my 1150 (it was tough enough going on the Dakar!). Looking forward to an old favourite.

Next weekend is our wedding anniversary - so no trail riding :(

Easter Saturday I'm booked in for a ride over the Gatescarth Pass, so I'll not be able to organise another Peaks ride until the weekend of 10th or 11th April. I'll post details nearer the date.

Good stuff, I hope i can make it, this sunday I was at Mallory park watching the british MX championships(and wishing I were riding).

Back
Top Bottom