zumo 660 camera warning

Hi Anyone know how to switch off the anoying noise (bing) every time you are in a speed camera area as its driving me up the wall

This should work go into settings then proximity points and de tick the cameras you may have to hit change first.

Hope that helps

Zumo

Hi

Thanks for that seems to have worked didnt mind the alert on the screen but the bing for mile upon mile was to much to take

Is there any way to enable/disable warning beeps for specific types of speed cameras? On my (car) TomTom you can set preferences separately for fixed, mobile, average speed cameras etc. When the Zumo starts binging at me I find it hard to read the miniscule text in the warning message that says whether its a fixed camera (so pay attention) or a mobile camera area (which I can probably ignore).

FatBob,

I do not think you can. It is either ping or off.

Some thirdparty downloads might do it :nenau

Tools > Settings > Proximity Points > Proximity Alerts > Change > Audio > Single Tone / Continuous Tone / Off

I'm surprised that the latest models don't support the loading of voices for scamera alerts. My old, but good, StreetPilot 2720 does. I have a nice lady that warns me about up and coming cameras, GATSOs etc. identifying each by type and the speed that I should be at or under.

This is using the PocketGPSWorld scamera data BTW.

So if it's a 50 mph limit, and you're doing it 49mph, it doesn't warn that there's a dangerous area ahead? Question being asked as I've never played with the 660.

Oh, I see I thought by the :blast you didn't want the 550 to do it.

The 660 gives you a simple warning as you approach. Then greys out (silent) if you are under the local limit, changing to red and pinging again if you are over.

Back
Top Bottom