Off road training in East Anglia?

FatBob

Reaction score
I would like to do some off road training, partly to improve my road riding and partly just for the hell of it! I might even take my own GS Adventure off road eventually, but not until I know what I am doing! I think my bike handling skills on road are average at best and I have no experience off road at all. Although the roads of Suffolk are pretty close to riding on a farm track...

Does anyone know of any good off road skills courses in or around East Anglia?

Apart from the cost, is it better to do 1 or 2 days for the first try? 2 days gives you more time to consolidate what you learn, but it sounds like it is really tiring so maybe 1 day is enough initially, I don't know.

Is the BMW training worth the money? General rate from most providers seems to be pushing £200/day but that includes all the kit, whereas BMW is £450 for 2 days and hiring the kit is extra. Also its 5-6 hours drive from home so would mean time off work and overnight accommodation which all adds to the cost.

I would like to do some off road training, partly to improve my road riding and partly just for the hell of it! I might even take my own GS Adventure off road eventually, but not until I know what I am doing! I think my bike handling skills on road are average at best and I have no experience off road at all. Although the roads of Suffolk are pretty close to riding on a farm track...

Does anyone know of any good off road skills courses in or around East Anglia?

Apart from the cost, is it better to do 1 or 2 days for the first try? 2 days gives you more time to consolidate what you learn, but it sounds like it is really tiring so maybe 1 day is enough initially, I don't know.

Is the BMW training worth the money? General rate from most providers seems to be pushing £200/day but that includes all the kit, whereas BMW is £450 for 2 days and hiring the kit is extra. Also its 5-6 hours drive from home so would mean time off work and overnight accommodation which all adds to the cost.
i done the bmw course a couple of weeks ago, i thought it was worth every penny i hired boots kneepads trousers £20, the instruction was excellent, the bikes are brand new cant wait to do the nxt level.

Back
Top Bottom