R1100S BCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikerbear

Hiya, Know its the GS site but hey I bought the Boxercup Rep after 3 1/2 yrs with the 1100RT - - Cos it looks great! (to me anyway!)

I'm after purchasing / hiring a set of panniers for the 1100s to do a trip to Wales at the end of June.

I'd like to try b4 I buy cos' I don't wanna spoil the looks too much - but I don't wanna look like a gypsy with bags bungee'd to the back!!

Can anyone help :) or come up with a reasonable alternative?

Many Thanks

Ken

Let me just check I've got this right - you're asking for a set of panniers for a R1100S - on a GS site - and you'd like to try them out in case they don't look nice?

Mike:eek

We all make mistakes - I just wanna buy them! apologies already!

Ken

I will let you borrow my panniers if you will let me have a go on your Boxer Cup. I had thought of getting one of those myself.

I nearly bought an R1100S Sport when they first came out but my dealer offered me a lousy p/ex for my MINT K1 16V..

Ian

Bikerbear said:
Hiya, Know its the GS site but hey I bought the Boxercup Rep after 3 1/2 yrs with the 1100RT - - Cos it looks great! (to me anyway!)

I'm after purchasing / hiring a set of panniers for the 1100s to do a trip to Wales at the end of June.

I'd like to try b4 I buy cos' I don't wanna spoil the looks too much - but I don't wanna look like a gypsy with bags bungee'd to the back!!

Can anyone help :) or come up with a reasonable alternative?

Many Thanks

Ken

Somewhere I have a pair of throw-overs that I used on my K1 for a Spanish trip. They have two rubber straps that fit around the rear seat. The straps have quick-release buckles so you clip the bags to the strap. The bags have an expander zip like some tank bags, have several separate pockets and storm covers. I got them from MPS if I remember correctly. At their largest they have a similay capacity to BMW moto-cases. Not much in the way of security though! Don't know if similar are still available.

Thanks to all - I bought a pair off a guy in London and got the rails new from BMW- £300 in total saving £100 - thanks for the advice!
God they are big when there on the bike - stops u running between traffic - Sometimes!!

Ken

Re: Re: R1100S BCR

Rushy said:
I will let you borrow my panniers if you will let me have a go on your Boxer Cup. I had thought of getting one of those myself.

I nearly bought an R1100S Sport when they first came out but my dealer offered me a lousy p/ex for my MINT K1 16V..

Ian

If your anywhere near Manchester u can give us a shout and I'll let u look at it for 5 mins for 50p - Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom