Honda XR650R What do you know about them?

Nasty1

Reaction score
Hi
For some strange reason being drawn to one of these for some easy/European trail riding. Heard they are pretty bullet proof but no specifics on weakness's etc so thought I'd ask hear as there must be some ex/owners with experience. I did for a moment consider the Xchallenge but out my price range for a second bike.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

Adie

Hi
For some strange reason being drawn to one of these for some easy/European trail riding. Heard they are pretty bullet proof but no specifics on weakness's etc so thought I'd ask hear as there must be some ex/owners with experience. I did for a moment consider the Xchallenge but out my price range for a second bike.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

Adie

Met a guy last year in West Cork touring on one from the UK. Previously owned a Dommie, like what I had. He said the XR650 was awesome.

Remember Aussie Chris who had his stolen in Dublin two years back, he too loved his bike and had done most of Europe on his Oz plated bike before having it Nicked..

GFI:thumb

They are hard going on tight and nadgery trails and heavy to pick up or pull out of mud. The kickstart is a ba5tard when you`re tired, after pulling it out of mud or picking it up, other than that they are bomb proof and fun.

+1 to all the above both pros and cons, can't remember which model it was had a pathetic front beake, easily cured with a bigger/better setup.
Mark

change the oil on time, and never put cheap clutch plates in em, ...
no real faults,,,, tend to kill chains if used energeticaly

Thanks for the feed back guys. Just got to find a decent one now, would be nice if I could get one with SM wheels thrown in as well. It does seem that from what I've seen a lot have had the SM conversion and fairly high mileage to suit, not that I can find that many around??

Cheers

Adie

Back
Top Bottom