A Case Saver

the beer hunter

Reaction score
Anybody know where to buy a case saver?

The cover that goes over the g/box sprocket was a botch-up job fitted by the last owner & looks like a DR350 cover with 6 nuts as spacers. When I took it off for the 1st time my heart skipped a beat when all the nuts fell to the floor. I've tidied things up a bit since then but out on the trails there's a LOT of mud/grass/stones getting wedged in there so I took it off. Problem is there's a few wires going into the case in that area & water is getting slung into that area without any cover fitted.

What's available & where from? :thumb2

They're not on my E

Both of my enduro version DRZs had them standard from new.
If owners have fitted 15 tooth front sprocket, then casesavers get discarded as the chain fouls it with the larger front chainwheel on.

Try these Suzuki part numbers:-
14T
PLATE, FRONT CHAIN GUIDE
27640-29F00

15T
PLATE, FRONT CHAIN GUIDE
27640-29F11

Timpo.

sorry i have got one of those on my bike.

I was wanting the little covers that go over the magneto and crankcase cover. Everyone seems to get them from thumpertalk but i want them from the uk.

Didnt read the original post properly :blast

Make some out of ally sheet, not great pics as I was concentrating on the pannier frames. I made them (2.5mm as that's what I had available) for the clutch, generator & starter covers. Held on with a couple of concentric beads of Silicon Sealant.

Was going to make one for the oil filter housing but will extend the bashplate instead so that it fully protects the waterpump.

868764282_ma6RX-M.jpg

868762045_8WevR-M.jpg

http://possu.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/DRZ-PANNIER-FRAMES/12006234_6og5g#851584989_V7REp

Timpo's got the jist of what I was on about in my original post.

Something to protect the case from a broken chain.

My post was in response to Davis1979's post - should have quoted him.

Pumpy's DRZ chain snapped last year, holed the crankcase around the clutch arm shaft despite having a genuine Suzuki case saver fitted. Ended up with a vertical hole measuring 25mm x 5mm wide. Had it welded up without splitting the engine, all's well. I've since doubled the thickness of the case saver & will attempt to make a super strong version soon for her other DRZ.

Anybody know where to buy a case saver?

The cover that goes over the g/box sprocket was a botch-up job fitted by the last owner & looks like a DR350 cover with 6 nuts as spacers. When I took it off for the 1st time my heart skipped a beat when all the nuts fell to the floor. I've tidied things up a bit since then but out on the trails there's a LOT of mud/grass/stones getting wedged in there so I took it off. Problem is there's a few wires going into the case in that area & water is getting slung into that area without any cover fitted.

What's available & where from? :thumb2

I got mine from
LeisureTrail

Back
Top Bottom