Pyrenean trail trip for lightweights

cookie

Stay Frosty
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anyone interested in a bit of leisurely trail riding in the Pyranees this summer? springer and i are doing the RB 1 / VAL D'ARAN - ANDORRE route from the roadbook here.

sailing to santander, from plymouth, on the 30th may and returning on the 7th june to portsmouth.
two days to the start of the route in Fos, 3/4 days off road, then two days back to santander for the sailing home.
mix of hotels, camping, wild camping. itinerary made up as we go along. nothing hard core, just a bit of pissing about on bikes abroad. food, wine and beer may also be involved.

i'll be on my R80G/S & springer will be on his XT660. originally there were to be 4 of us, but now it looks like 2, possibly three. so if anyone fancies making up the numbers, we'd be happy for you to come along. we could meet up down there if the long ferry trip doesn't appeal.

This sounds cool. I was looking at doing something similar a couple of weeks earlier. Where are you leaving from?

This sounds cool. I was looking at doing something similar a couple of weeks earlier. Where are you leaving from?

Do you mean where are we based if so Bournemouth / Poole apart from that the details for our departures in Cookies invite post.

Well I'm looking to head down through more or less this route myself and was planning to leave only about a week before so might well be interested in this.

I was planning a similar jaunt myself only a few weeks later during july, makes me lucky to have a Recon squad go first methinks.

I'll be watching and chippin' in where i can :thumb

i'm heading down there on the 25th May ( Portsmouth / St Malo) and coming back on the 31st May..... plan is to "do" france in a day (St Malo/Toulouse)

then have Thursday/Friday/Sat/Sun to play in that area.... leave Sunday night get up as far as poss then finish off on the Monday with the Cherbourg fast cat back to Pompey at 19:45!

I am planning to be in the area at that time so it would be good to meet up. Current plan is to go out Poole/Cherbourg 26 May, a leisurely ride down the Atlantic coast and be in in the Pyrenees from around the 31st for a few days before returning north through central France aiming to be back in Poole on the 7 June.

anyone interested in a bit of leisurely trail riding in the Pyranees this summer? springer and i are doing the RB 1 / VAL D'ARAN - ANDORRE route from the roadbook here.

sailing to santander, from plymouth, on the 30th may and returning on the 7th june to portsmouth.
two days to the start of the route in Fos, 3/4 days off road, then two days back to santander for the sailing home.
mix of hotels, camping, wild camping. itinerary made up as we go along. nothing hard core, just a bit of pissing about on bikes abroad. food, wine and beer may also be involved.

i'll be on my R80G/S & springer will be on his XT660. originally there were to be 4 of us, but now it looks like 2, possibly three. so if anyone fancies making up the numbers, we'd be happy for you to come along. we could meet up down there if the long ferry trip doesn't appeal.

That's gone well then seems like people sort of / possibly in the area no ones committed to a meet up point or even god forbid coming along with us for a trip which should be great fun and take in small Spanish villages, twisty roads, mountain passes, food, wine, camping, hotels, and on/off road motorcycling.

Springer,
What date are you planning to be in FOS?

Back
Top Bottom